C & A Bring a Friend Promo...

I just did this on Liberty of the Seas June 18th sailing. I never recieved the email either but I did go on the C&A section of the website and there was a section on the left of my profile for Bring a Friend. I clicked on it and it said Status: Approved. I printed that and took it with me just in case. The print out wasn't required as the $25 credit showed up on the stateroom account no problem. Hopefully you can all find similar updates on your C&A accounts online.

Thanks for this info. I just checked my profile and see that my friend "does not qualify." Well, she actually does, so I'll call in the morning to check.

Kathy

No you not get an email saying if you are successful or not, so you need to check the CAS website as mentioned before.

It can be denied if the booking is part of a group or if you already have OBC on there

One allowance per room and must be over 18s

I put in my request over 3 months ago for our Labor Day cruise, and just found out today that my request was "Not Qualified". All of the information is correct, and I read through the fine print... Now it looks like I will have to deal with the customer service reps over the phone to get this straightened out.

Has anyone else been denied the $25 bring a friend credit?

Yes. My mother was denied due to the fact that she booked her cruise during the WOW sale. Rep I spoke with said the terms of the WOW sale indicated that the booking could not be combined with any other offer. It does not state this in the Bring a Friend Promotion, but rep said that you had to read the terms of the WOW sale to find this out. I have a cruise booked in November and used the balcony discount, which also indicates that the discount cannot be combined with any other offer. Really stinks! You'd think that it is hurting them to give a little extra for their guests? It really doesn't amount to much, but it's the principle that is involved. Getting anything extra from RCCL is like pulling teeth.

Mine are still pending but I suspect they'll be denied because we used the balcony discount on the sailing. If they only allow the bring a friend for the inside stateroom gold member no savings certificate regular priced because wow sale isn't allowed cruises they're shooting themselves in the foot. I would think the "friends" would have a much higher chance of cruising again if they had booked an inside/oceanview but their card carrying C&A member buddy who got a JS for a steal with a savings certificate/balcony discount/wow sale/next cruise with obc etc for not much more $$ would be more apt to go cruising again and again... seriously Royal... it's the cost of 2 Labadoozies and a bag of chips!

Archived