Venice-Transfer to airport At 3 am?

cindiedee

Is there any method to go from Venice hotel to airport DIRECTLY from hotel? Our flight out leaves at 6:30 A.M. We really don't want to be walking with luggage at 3 or 4 A.M. to have to get to a place to be picked up. We are staying at the Albergo Marin, and I'm not sure exactly where it is located. I don't believe it is near airport, however. Thanks.

Also, direct answer to person who began this post: EVen if you stay an extra night in Venice, after disembarkation, you STILL have the same problem of getting to airport, unless you pick a hotel directly next to Marco Polo International.

This link to Albergo Marin website shows a map. You are going to have a little bit of a walk back to Piazzale Roma to get a cab to the airport. Piazzale Roma is the transportation hub of Venice. Bus, cab, auto, peoplemover, vaporetti, etc. all end in Piazzale Roma.

http://www.albergomarin.it/en/location/

Would agree with Agabbymama. Given the location of your hotel your best option will be to walk (with your luggage) to the nearby Piazale Roma where there are always some land taxis that you can take to the airport. Other arranging for a private water taxi (which will cost you more then 100 Euros) a land taxi is your only option.

As an aside, we once had an early USAIR 7am flight out of Venice to the USA (Phl). We managed to get out to the airport at about 4:45 only to find that nothing (not even the airline counter) was staffed or open. So we waited and waited and the queue grew longer and longer. Than finally at about 5:45 a few staffers arrived at the counter and soon thereafter they started to process all the annoyed passengers. Somehow, they got it all done and our flight departed on time. Since that time USAIR has changed that flight's departure time to 11:30am which is a good thing :)

Hank

And i agree with the others .... a 5 minute walk to the Piazzale Roma where you can catch a cab or the ATVO airport express bus for a 20 minute ride to the airport.

I don't think anything opens at the airport until 5am, so catching the 4:40am ATVO bus would work well. Venice is very safe; I wouldn't worry about that 5 minute walk in the early morning. I don't know if cabs would be idling at

PRoma at 4:30 so you might need to make a reservation.

http://www.albergomarin.it/en/location/