naiive itinerary question

melli_fera

if our itinerary says we're in St. Thomas from 10AM - 8PM, does 10:00 mean we're DOCKING at 10:00 or that we're able to disembark at 10:00? I know it's subject to change, but I'm trying to book a private excursion and need a little clarification. :o

if our itinerary says we're in St. Thomas from 10AM - 8PM, does 10:00 mean we're DOCKING at 10:00 or that we're able to disembark at 10:00? I know it's subject to change, but I'm trying to book a private excursion and need a little clarification. :o
That means they plan on arriving (pulling into port) at 10 a.m. I'm always up before we are scheduled to pull into port so I can watch the islands come into view. Yes, it's subject to change, but don't go running to get off of the ship at exactly 10 a.m There will be plenty of announcements to let you know when you can disembark the ship. I wouldn't book a private excursion until at least 11 or later to be on the safe side. Keep in mind you have to wait for elevators that aren't full and the line to get off of the ship. Time adds up and flys by quick when taking all of this into effect.

You'll also have to clear customs there because St. Thomas is a U.S. port and you will be arriving after visiting a foreign port (Bahamas). This is not as bad as it sounds, but it does take time. Worry not. Tour operators will be fimiliar with this and they know what time to expect you off the ship. You just tell them what time you are docking and they will let you know if they can accomodate you. They do this all the time. They plan their tours around when the ships arrive and leave.

You'll also have to clear customs there because St. Thomas is a U.S. port and you will be arriving after visiting a foreign port (Bahamas). This is not as bad as it sounds, but it does take time. Worry not. Tour operators will be fimiliar with this and they know what time to expect you off the ship. You just tell them what time you are docking and they will let you know if they can accomodate you. They do this all the time. They plan their tours around when the ships arrive and leave.

When I went to St. Thomas in November, we didn't have to clear customs before getting off in St. Thomas.

Your excursion operator may well know more about Carnival's arrival time than Carnival does. Have you told them what ship and asked them?

Archived