Shuttle to Orlando Airport from Port Canaveral

Does anyone know a cheap shuttle to Orlando Airport from Port Canaveral? We have an early flight at 11am so we need to leave the ship by 9. What time does Royal Caribbean Shuttles leave? Is there a rental car company that picks up from the ship and can you drop the car off at the airport? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Does anyone know a cheap shuttle to Orlando Airport from Port Canaveral? We have an early flight at 11am so we need to leave the ship by 9. What time does Royal Caribbean Shuttles leave? Is there a rental car company that picks up from the ship and can you drop the car off at the airport? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Personally, I think you will have a hard time making an 11:00 am flight if you leave the ship at 9:00 am. Even if you walk off with your luggage, by the time you get on the rental car shuttle and go over to their office, stand in line to fill out paperwork, and then drive to Orlando, check in with the airline and stand in what could be a long TSA security line, I don't think you will make it.

I agree it's going to be tough. It takes approximately 60 to 70 minutes to get to the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. I would book private transportation service such as Arts Shuttle or Capital Transportation. The problem with coach buses like Mears, is that you have to wait until the bus is full and that can take forever. In 2002 we sailed on the Sovereign and had a 11:20 flight. We just did make it. We are sailing on the Soverign on 04/18/05, flying from Indy to Orlando. On the return our flight departs at 12:45. One thing you can do and during your sailing alert the staff at the purser's desk that you have an early flight and they will allow you to disembark as soon as customs clear the ship. GOOD LUCK!!!

I just got off the Sovereign yesterday in Port Canaveral. As a Platinum member I was able to be in the first group off, but I know that people with flights before noon are allowed off early too. I was off the ship and through customs by 8AM and went directly to the RCI shuttle bus. The bus was full and left around 8:30 and we arrived at Orlando airport before 9:30. That would have been fine for an 11:00 flight. Of course, we had no delays docking or with traffic. To tell you the truth, even though an 11AM flight is makable, I'd still be a little nervous about booking a flight that early.

We have a flight leaving 12:15 from the ship to Orlando. I think we should be fine. I can't decide if we should attempt a taxi, use RCCL transfers or go through Art's or Able's shuttle. Any suggestions? I'll be travelling w/ 8 peopel, but we can split into 2 groups.

Thanks,

Karen, also from Cincinnati

Hi Karen!!!!

We have 8 people in our group and booked transportation with Art's Shuttle. Our rate is $85.00 each way. I considered renting a van but the prices of the shuttle was still cheaper. I would try to keep the group together if possible. Are you flying from Cincinnati or Indianapolis to Orlando. We are flying on April 11th from Indy to MCO. It's a non-stop flight. We will arrive in Orlando at 11:50 a.m. Our return flight leaves 12:30.

Usually we fly from Indy via ATA- gotta love them. This year though we had lower fares via Delta <clutching my chest> Yes, Delta out of Cincinnati. We are arriving the day before, and plan on flying out at 12:10. I think we'll be okay. I will give Art a call. Thanks again! Let me know how you like Art's and if they are hard to locate as you get off the ship, if you please? I would appreciate it! I cannot wait until our Father's Day cruise!

Karen

(Mason) Cincinnati, Ohio

Just off of the Zaandam at Pt. Canaveral. Off the ship at 9:15 in the first group, Art's Shuttle was waiting for us. We were at MCO at 10:30 - but the lines to check in at MCO were long! It was a Spring Break weekend, so the line issue may have been because of additional travellers.

We booked a van with Budget both to the port and again on the way back to the airport. It is costing us $56.00 to the port and $76.00 on the way back to the airport. I thought that was a pretty good deal considering there are 5 of us.

Could someone please post a link to Art's Shuttle...I would think he has a web site but I have Googled it and Yahood it and nothing comes up. I currently have a rental car for our trip from Port Canaveral to WDW but would like to check the price of Art's .

Thanks

Archived