17 Day "Under The Tuscan Sun" Has anyone done this?

We were looking at the 2005 Med. Cruises, as the 2006 schedule doesn't come out until the 25th, and the one that seem the most appealing to us is this one, on the Grand Princess. I like the Land tour idea, plus it hits most of the sites that we want to visit.

Has anyone sailed this particulary itinerary/ship, etc. who can give us a review, suggestions, etc.? Wanted to to the Millie, but the prices are way too high! We can get a mini-suite plus 16 nights for approximately the same price on the Millie for a 12 night, inside cabin. For that difference, give me Princess!

Also appreciate knowing if anyone else has considered this Cruise.

Thank you! :)

Hi - I haven't done that cruise, but please don't base your Millennium prices on what you see now...they're outrageous. They were way lower when we first booked. I think when the new schedules come out you'll find they're very comparable to what Princess is asking.

take you through Tuscany. We did Tuscany a couple of years back without a cruise and you can have a great time by renting a car and just driving around. Driving is very easy as long as you stay out of Florence and Rome where the traffic is chaotic. Find a central base (we did 3 nights in a villa near San Gimignano) and drove to Pisa, Siena, Chiante wine country, etc on our own schedule and at our own pace. 2 full days in Florence let us see it at our leisure and give proper amounts of time to a wonsderful city. All you need is a good guidebook and know where you have to end up. I bet you can do way better cost wise and sightseeing wise on your own assuming you can handle it.

the cruise they're looking at includes so much more than Tuscany. That's only the first 3 or 4 land days.

The cruise looks wonderful, but I would wait to see the price comparison with Millennium. When we first booked we could have had a CC for $2,200 pp

Archived