Teen curfew--NCL policy, or ship's?

rrobynec

Maybe a solution to this would be to volunteer to meet your son and his new friends at the Blue Lagoon at 1am a couple of nights. You can sit at another table and they can still have that extra "hang-out" time yet still be with an adult.

LOL depending on the teen son, this thought to him could be down right devasting and so embarassing.

I personally wouldn't be staying up till after 1am so my son could have some wings. My response to him, go at midnight or 12:30 have your wings and be quiet on the way back into the cabin at 1:00 curfew so you don't wake me. ;)

LOL depending on the teen son, this thought to him could be down right devasting and so embarassing.

I personally wouldn't be staying up till after 1am so my son could have some wings. My response to him, go at midnight or 12:30 have your wings and be quiet on the way back into the cabin at 1:00 curfew so you don't wake me. ;)

Yeah my son would hate that idea. However, thanks for the idea. In any event, my son is turning 18 soon so it wouldn't be a problem for him. He also decided he will be too old at 18 to vacation with family. We will see if he changes his mind. :eek:

I didn't even go there, I have absolutely no idea what this posters statement has to do with anything :( :confused:

A previous post said that a 16 or 17 year old can be in the company of an 18 year old since they are considered an adult. So the poster is saying - hey, why not? If an 18 year old can serve in the military they can be considered an adult.... at least that is how I took it.

Yeah my son would hate that idea. However, thanks for the idea. In any event, my son is turning 18 soon so it wouldn't be a problem for him. He also decided he will be too old at 18 to vacation with family. We will see if he changes his mind. :eek:

My son would have hated that idea too. He just turned 18 in April. He, too, thinks he's too old for a family vacation but he is indulging us anyway. :eek::eek: Most of his friends think the same thing... I'm sure when he starts to pay for his own vacations, he will rethink that thought process!!

A previous post said that a 16 or 17 year old can be in the company of an 18 year old since they are considered an adult. So the poster is saying - hey, why not? If an 18 year old can serve in the military they can be considered an adult.... at least that is how I took it.

Sorry you misunderstood me. I meant I didn't even touch the statement of 16 or 17 in the company of the 18 year old. That is the statement that I couldn't figure out what the purpose of saying it was. Not Jack Daniels statement.

Why not? Many 18 year olds are serving in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Unfortunately, most of those 18 yr. olds wouldn't be on the ship. They've got their hands full. Speaking as a mom of a 19 yr. old, who isn't in the military, most 18/19 yr. olds aren't much more responsible than younger teens. My niece has grown up a tremendous amount, since joining the military, & she was already a doctor when she joined. IME, comparing younger people in the military to those that aren't isn't exactly an equal comparison.

Our DS would have just brought his friends over to our table. That wouldn't happen though, because I wouldn't stay up that late just so he & his buddies could get a burger either.

All that said, I don't care what time kids are in at night, as long as they're not running up & down the hall & knocking on my door.

Archived