Wonderful Wet 'n Wild

ColoradoJuli

I am embarrased that I have not written this sooner, but for some reason it slipped my mind until I started researching for our next cruise.

We went to Belize and had a fabulous day with Marvin & Charlie. We actually ended up with 2 more people in our group than I orginally booked. Marvin was very accommodating and our two other friends were able to join us. We had a group of 8. No one else had booked with Marvin that day so we were our own private party.

We headed off with Charlie, but first stopped for gas. $8/gallon! Sure makes the $2/gallon cheap.

Charlie took great care of us and told us all about his lovely Belize. He pointed out so many interesting things.

We got to the mouth of the trail and we were geared up with tubes and headlamps. We headed off into the jungle. My 65 year old mother was with us and Charlie ended up carrying her tube as well as his. Charlie also took very good care of my mother throughout the entire trip. (Thanks Charlie!)

We got to do 3 caves instead of the 2 with the cruiselines and we had a blast. Best day we have had in port (well...Grand Cayman was pretty amazing.) Charlie had hooked my mom to his tube and rode with her the entire length of the trip.

The river was flowing very high because of recent rains. So the river was swift and we were done in record time. We went to the restroom and changed clothing. Only after changing did we realize that there were showers.

We all then loaded into the van and it was off to lunch. We really enjoyed the food and the time to talk to Charlie and get to know him even more. We then loaded back into the van and headed back to the boat. Along the way we saw some people selling their goods along the road. Charlie pointed out an area walking distance from the port and we were able to purchase some wonderful items.

Marvin ~ I am so sorry that I did not write this review earlier. We had a wonderful time and I do not hesitate to highly recommend using Marvin.

We also had a wonderful experience with Wet and Wild. We went with a group of about 16 from the Splendour on March 16. Charlie was our guide and couldn't have been more knowledgable. I'm particularly interested in birds and he was so informative. The experience on the river was amazing even though the level of the water was low. My only regret is that I didn't have a camera with me. So many folks on this board said that their photos did not turn out well that I didn't bother. However, there are many opportunities when you're in the sunlight, surrounded by jungle for wonderful shots. A basic disposable underwater camera would have worked fine. I guess we'll just have to do it again!:)

Another post on this forum indicated that the tour with Wet N Wild had van problems and the tour guide had to flag down a public bus for the tourists and they almost didn't make it back in time.

Has anyone else experienced van problems or late return to port with Wet N Wild?

I really need to know because we are booked with Marvin next week on April 6th (Splendour of the Seas).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi sh1955!

We are also on the Splendour next week. We booked with Yhony, but I know there are some others who have been posting on this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=116485&highlight=splendor who are going cave tubing with Marvin at Wet N Wild.

We'll keep an eye along the road for your van and pick you up if there are problems, and you can do the same for us!

Actually, it sounds like it's not all that common but that all the tour operators try to help each other out.

Hope to run into you on the ship! Are you signed up for the Meet and Mingle?

Sandy

Hi Sandy:

Thanks very much for your post and your kind offer to pick us up if we have problems--that makes me feel much better about my booking with Marvin.

Yes, all 7 of us (family group/all adults) are signed up for meet n mingle!

On shore excursions we are going to the beach in the Caymans, to Paradise Toms in Cozumel, as well as tubing with Marvin in Belize and with Ivan to the ruins in Costa Maya.

Hope to meet you at the meet and mingle!

Sincerely,

Sharon

Sharon,

We may see you at Paradise Beach. That is also in our plans. In Grand Cayman we are snorkeling at Stingray City with Sotos, Costa Maya is beach and horseback riding (I wish I was going with Ivan :( ..I got voted down...family democracy). You'll have to tell me all about it! Hope to see you on the Roll Call board!

Sandy :)

Traveling is always most fun when there is adventure. The last couple miles of the trip to cave tubing is a VERY bumpy, unpaved road. It was amazing to me that the buses an vans don't break down more often. Marvin and the gang from Wet and Wild are veterans and know the territory. They will do everything they can to get you back to the ship. My advice is to get the first tender off the ship if you can. Everyone in our group arrived early and we were able to get a head start. You will have fun!!! :)

Archived