Seattle Amtrac Train Station hold bags??

Does anybody know if the Seattle Amtrac train station will hold bags? If so, do you know how much they charge and for how long they will hold them?

I tried calling the Seattle office but it was just a recording.

We would like to get off the train at noon and sightsee for a couple of hours before heading to the airport to catch our 5:45pm flight home.

Thank you!!

Amtrak in Seattle will hold your carry-on luggage for a charge of about $3/bag as long as you are a ticketed passenger. They have been known to hook all the handles/straps together and call everything "one bag". They'll hold it for the day, not overnight.

Does "hold bags" refer to carry-on or to checked baggage? We had no problem checking baggage in Los Angeles day one, arriving in Portland day two, and claiming the stuff on day three. No charges. Can't imagine it'd be different in Seattle - for checked stuff.

From the Amtrak site: "Storage charges apply to baggage not claimed within two days of arrival."

I was talking about having the baggage room holding carry-on baggage for the day only, otherwise known as parcel check or bag check. This has become more and more common since self serve lockers are quickly disappearing.

For checked bags, you can check baggage for free for at least a day in advance if you want to, and they'll hold it up to two days for free at your destination (at a small station, probably more if you talk to the agent).

They held our bags for us after we got off the ship at 8am until our train at 6:50pm, so we could explore the city. I don't even remember a charge but I am sure there probably was. It was convenient as about 2short blocks away there is a bus stop for their free downtown bus service.

• 4 weeks later...

I had them hold our checked bags and it was free. But, it was for 24 hours of our train's departure. We sorted our "stuff" and only kept what we needed for our overnight stay in Seattle. Worked out great!!

Amtrak in Seattle will hold your carry-on luggage for a charge of about $3/bag as long as you are a ticketed passenger. They have been known to hook all the handles/straps together and call everything "one bag". They'll hold it for the day, not overnight.

Actually, they held my power wheelchair for 24 hours, and told me that was the outside time limit.

Archived