Lectures, etc.?

It varies. The ships usually reserve room for enrichment staff (lecturers, dance teachers, arts and crafts instructors, etc.) but the staff isn't always available. Usually they try to recruit lecturers who can talk about the ports of call, maritime history, or other relevant areas but it's still dependent on their availability. For example, my dance partner and I are very limited in how many cruises we can do because she works in academia and needs to be available during critical parts of the semester or to do prep work before each semester.

The lectures are more common on long cruises with lots of sea days. Transatlantic crossings, and we had great "dueling" lectures on our Vancouver to Hawaii cruise. There was a professor and a member of the Hawaiian dance troupe that both gave daily lectures, from different points of view, too!

If your cruise allows for enough sea days that a lecture "series" can be presented, then they almost always have one. The problem is most cruises have one or two days with many ports, so they usually don't schedule for those.

You probably won't find out until you get on board.

The Baltic is an extremely "BUSY" cruise with 6 different ports...all of them worth seeing. You will spend extra time at the Russian port. I'm sure you'll enjoy the cruise even without lectures.

Be sure to take a copies of your passports. They wanted a copy and they kept them.

i just got off the Enchantment and there was a young man who was a professional speaker, according to him. He was terrible, did not know his topics well and could not keep an audience's attention. For example, in his talk about Spanish influence in Puerto Rico, he had us singing Christmas carols to see who would win a keychain.

I wanted to learn about the ports of call (not the shopping), but the history and I was very disappointed in this aspect of the cruise.

Archived