Ncl epic

geneharack1

Traveling the Eastern Caribbean Run in 2013. We just got back from the same route back in January. We decided to booked one of the 2 Bedroom courtyard villas. wanted to enjoy the full on experience we also wanted to do the Western Caribbean run. And we were just informed a few weeks ago that the Western Run was canceled. Very disappointing, Just wondered if any one knows why the change and if anyone can share their the experiences if the stayed in the courtyard area. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks geneharack1

We just got off the Epic. I don't know anything about the itinerary change, but we did stay in a Courtyard Villa. It was perfect for our family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The second bedroom is quite small, but it has it's own tv and bathroom, which is perfect for 2 teenagers. The main bathroom is separated from the main bedroom just by a curtain which works fine since the toilet is in a separate section with a door. The only thing that seemed odd was that the toilet door is glass.

Although the Villa is certainly more expensive than 2 connecting balcony cabins, it was really nice having the 2 bedrooms separate from the living room. Also, you have 3 tv's. The tv in the living room definitely has a dvd player and I think the other 2 tv's have them also, but I don't remember since we didn't use those dvd players.

The rooms were amazingly quiet. I rarely heard any noise at all from anywhere.

The concierge, Ruth, made a huge difference in our vacation. She helped us with reservations for everything. She was even able to get us 2 additional tickets to Cirque when the reservation desk told us it was sold out.

And having a butler just makes things run more smoothly. I didn't ask him for much during the week, but when I did ask it was taken care of immediately.

We didn't eat in the Epic club as much as I expected, but it was nice to have it there for a nice quiet place for a meal. The Epic club was always quiet except on the last day when everyone went to breakfast there before leaving the ship. But even then it was nice to have it there so I could just step out my door, grab a few things and take it back to the room to eat.

The courtyard itself got a bit busy at times, but there were always seats available. It was a nice quiet place to go, even when there were a number of kids in the pool.

Even though the cost is definitely higher in the courtyard, it was worth every penny of it.

Archived