Cruising on RCCL Navigator with toddler

secbrb

No, Navigator does not have a Baby Splash Zone. :( They do not have a nursery but they do have the Royal Tots program for to attend with your tot (45 minute play group sessions) so you will want to check that out.

Some ships have good play groups, some don't.

Any other specific questions you have?

We were on the Navigator earlier this year with our 10 month old (little younger than a toddler) and it was a great experience.

Some quick tips:

-bring a little splash pool b/c baby can't go in the big pool, also works well as a bath tub in the cabin if your LO doesn't like to shower

-bring disposable placemats if your LO doesn't do well with plates and bowls yet

-do not pre-order the diapers or fruit baskets delivered to your room! I learned this one the hard way! Bring your own diapers and pick up whole fruit which is readily available all around the ship!

Anything else I can answer?

Enjoy!

Do you know how strict they are with the pool? Would it be best for us to bring an inflatable pool?

I think we were posting at the same time!!!

They are NOT strict with the pool, but cc'ers will chew you up and spit you out if you mention bringing a non-toilet trained kid in the pool. We preferred having the little inflatable pool anyway, because we could lounge on our chairs with a coffee and DS could puddle away in it instead of having to hold him/carry him in the bigger pool.

We used the hot tub water to fill it (warmer!) and gave DS an *empty* beer bucket and plastic cup to play with - great fun!

HAHAHAHA yeah what B_Mc said. :D

The deck patrol is suppose to remove babies in diapers (and their parents). On some ships on some days you can see them doing that.

On other ships on other days, they get lax and the babies take over the pool. But then you may start getting the hairy eyeball from the passengers who know that your child isn't suppose to be in there. Maybe not. ;)

I look at it that its best not to risk getting an entire pool shut down on a sea day due to my own child -- so I would bring an inflatable.

Whether they are "strict" or not....it's not good to put even a swim diaper in the pools...they aren't set up to filter "bathroom" waste.

A small blow-up pool is what you'll need...and it can double as a tub for bathing baby...unless you're in a suite, you will only have a shower.

Archived