My TSA phone app

Got2Cruise

I thought it was a good idea, especially since it supposedly had the "wait times" of passing through security at the airports. The problem is, the only wait times given is by fellow travellers, it is nothing official or even accurate. Oh well. Are there any other benefits of this app, that I am missing?

I thought it was a good idea, especially since it supposedly had the "wait times" of passing through security at the airports. The problem is, the only wait times given is by fellow travellers, it is nothing official or even accurate. Oh well. Are there any other benefits of this app, that I am missing?

I'm not sure how much use it is, it's not like you can re-schedule easily most of the time. The only TSA approved app I like is 'Camera' as it's always good to remind the TSA that photography is not a crime; and the TSA permit photography (although they like to tell you it's a federal crime)

http://blog.tsa.gov/2009/03/can-i-take-photos-at-checkpoint-and.html

I personally would trust the input of other travelers more than input from the TSA or airport authority. There's really no reason for a traveler to twist the truth. I don't know how the data is entered but I suppose it could be subject to entry errors or people misjudging how long it actually took. The best method would be for the app to detect when you entered the security line based on your motion and location, and when you exited. That's totally feasible with any smart phone.

A similar thing is the gas price app; I have always found the prices to be spot-on. Those prices are entered by motorists.

There are some sites like Flightstats that show historic wait times by airport, day of the week, time of day, and terminal. That's very useful for planning your arrival time to the airport.

Yeah, I got that app but haven't found it very useful- it really needs a "critical mass" of people contributing real-time data. I always forget to use it when I fly- The TSA line is the most dreaded part of my trip and once I get through that I look for the nearest airline lounge.

Archived