Question about timing of when upgrades start being offered

hoophome

My wife's family is taking a cruise on the Aug 13 Westerdam Alaska cruise. We would like to join them but my Dad is in seriously declining health and we have been resisting booking a room because of that. If we go, my wife wants to get a suite (there are about 10 left on this sailing). However my understanding is that as the sail date draws near Holland will start filling the remaining suites on board via the "upgrade fairy". We want to try to wait as long as possible to book a suite so we can see the situation with Dad's health, but we don't want to wait too long to commit and lose out on a suite becuase the upgrades have started.

That is a very long-winded way of asking this question, does anyone know about when the window is for Holland to start offering upgrades? 30 days out? 2 weeks out?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Unfortunately for you Alaska has been selling extremely well in recent weeks. The upgrade offers have been far and few between in the last couple of weeks but those that are being offered they are coming about the 3 week mark for the first call with people that have guarantees or marked OK to upgrade. In all honesty If you want to go I would book now any day they will be closing that sailing. Buy Travel Insurance, you are better with something like Travel Guard that gives 100% reimbursement. If you purchase that at the time of purchasing the cruise it covers pre-existing conditions.

Also for Alaska there really has not been an Upgrade Fairy more like an Upsell to a Suite Offer Fairy :D

Archived