NCL Western Caribbean Help Ship Time vs. Port Time

ama

We will be visiting Costa Maya, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel on the Spirit in August. I'm throughly confused on the ship time vs. local port time. Does NCL switch its clocks to match the port time? Or do we just constantly need to remember that we're x hours behind or ahead of ship time?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. We've booked private shore excursions, so I'm trying to coordinate all the pick up/drop off times to make sure we don't miss a tour or the ship! Thank you.

The Epic out of Miami switched time to port time, and for added fun Cozumel was on daylight savings time and Roatan wasn't...so we switched between those too.

The easiest way to handle this is to pay attention. We got a card in our room each night telling us of the time change. It's also on the front of the Freestyle Daily, and it displays on the tv channel that has time, location, speed, etc. Just pay attention and you'll be fine.

Sorry to be dense but I'm trying to arrange a snorkel excursion in Coz. When our itinerary lists our port time as 8:00am - 6:00pm does that mean we will start disembarking at 8:00am Coz time and not 8:00am EST.? We will be on the Star out of Tampa on March 4. Excursion starts 8:30am so we wouldn't have time to make it if the 8:00am time is Coz time. Thanks.

Sorry to be dense but I'm trying to arrange a snorkel excursion in Coz. When our itinerary lists our port time as 8:00am - 6:00pm does that mean we will start disembarking at 8:00am Coz time and not 8:00am EST.? We will be on the Star out of Tampa on March 4. Excursion starts 8:30am so we wouldn't have time to make it if the 8:00am time is Coz time. Thanks.

If your port time in 8:00 - 6:00 while in Cozumel, that is Cozumel time. All port times given reflect the current time at the port.

And any excursions you take, either NCL or private, will be aware of your arrival time; it's how they earn a living. Enjoy!

Archived