Which Snorkeling Spot - Anthol Island or Pearl Island?

tispwisp

If you are looking for great snorkeling. Anthol Island is your best choice.

They don't always go to the same spot on the Pearl Island tour, and one area is not very good for snorkeling.

If you are looking for a beach day - Pearl Island is a better choice.

Two Cruisers - Thanks! I'll be anxious to read your review! Have a wonderful cruise!

Scubagirl - Thanks for your input! I'm now leaning towards Anthol Island! Since we really haven't snorkeled before, I want something that'll be easy and wonderful!

We are back from our cruise and went snorkeling to Athol Island last Friday. Although the waters were a little choppy, the snorkeling itself was great. We saw huge (over 1 ft. across) Starfish, Angel fish, Parrot fish and many other species of fish that I don't know what they're called, but the were bright yellow, bright blue, pink, striped, multi-colored, you name it. There were lots of them. It would have been better without the choppy water. It was probably just the wind that day. It didn't hamper the clearness of the water or your ability to view the fish at all. You just moved around a bit while floating. I highly recommend this tour. You will absolutely see some beautiful, nice sized fish. Our tour was through Carnival on the Fantasy. The boat also served rum punch on the way back from snorkeling. It was very tasty. And it was unlimited. We had 3 drinks each. Which was actually a good thing as when we got to the British Colonial Hilton after snorkeling to use their beach, they weren't serving liquor until after 6:00 PM that day since it was Good Friday. Oh well. It was formal night that evening so I had more energy to get ready than I would have. They also had non-alcoholic drinks on the snorkeling boat.

Was it warm? In Nassau, yes, it was very warm. I didn't use sunscreen as soon as I should have and my arms are still peeling from the sunburn. Strong sun. So be careful. It made it uncomfortable sleeping on the ship for the next couple of nights. Port Canaveral was nice sitting by the pool on embarkation day. But as we sailed away in the afternoon, it was a bit cool with the breeze hitting you in the front of the ship.

The Fantasy was a nice ship and the cruise was a fun getaway. My only regret is that we couldn't have stayed on longer. But we made the most of our entire weekend and loved every minute of it.

Are you going on the Fantasy? If so, you will absolutely love the down comforters on the beds. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived