Blue Mountain Coffee?

KentuckyKat

I know there's many varied opinions about cruise ship coffee, but my friend (who just booked a cruise for next Saturday - wow!) has fond memories of the coffee on the Paradise about 10 years ago. She thinks it was Blue Mountain Coffee. Can you tell me if the coffee has changed dramatically since her last carnival cruise? Does Carnival serve Blue Mountain Coffee? Thanks!

I know there's many varied opinions about cruise ship coffee, but my friend (who just booked a cruise for next Saturday - wow!) has fond memories of the coffee on the Paradise about 10 years ago. She thinks it was Blue Mountain Coffee. Can you tell me if the coffee has changed dramatically since her last carnival cruise? Does Carnival serve Blue Mountain Coffee? Thanks!

As in Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee~?? That would be a big NO~! Coffee on the lido deck is usually to strong and very bitter~ coffee thru room service is not bad~ coffee in the MDR is a step up from room service coffee~~but not jamaican blue mountain quality!

Alliezona09 - Yeah, that's what I figured! Well, there's always mind-over-matter - I think I will just not tell her what people on CC say about the coffee. I'll leave her to her fond memories and see if her mind can overrule the fact of the matter.

Pretty sure the coffee that the drink dispensers issue is made from instant or some form of concentrate. It's brewed (mixed?) by the cup for as long as you hold the button down. Definitely not gourmet. The best bet is the espresso in the MDR, other than that, try the coffee shop. Blue Mountain coffee? At over $40 per pound? Not very likely.

Archived