Best luxury Danube river cruise????

K.C.

Hello K. C.

I could not agree more with Cruisingmimi. We did Buda Pest to Amsterdam 16 nights on AMA. Service was great, food better than any ocean cruise we have taken, wines paired with meals & from the country you are visiting at the time. Passengers friendly & knowledgeable. Your daily schedule will keep you very busy & you will spend little time in your cabin.

For us riverboat cruising far exceeds any ocean cruise. However you must like a port intensive trip, with few passengers. Generally limited to 120-140 passengers. A Balcony in our cabin was a waste, as we never used it & only stayed in our room to shower & sleep.

Also about included shore excursions. We thought they were all well organized, used the headsets( didn't have to crowd around the local guide), can leave the tour anytime & go on your own, just be back at the dock at the correct time of departure. Many days we did 2 or 3 stops on the river. Much to see, much fun, & no matter what riverboat you choose, you will have a great experience. John

Just a note to all the fine folks who took the time to answer my question re a luxury river boat.....we have decided to go with River Cloud 11, and have booked a cruise for September, 2012. Although there is not a lot of info out there on this ship, I found enough to ease my mind in my choice. I booked directly with the company, and they were wonderful to deal with....answered all my questions promptly by telephone and e-mail. For a "luxury" cruise, I feel we are paying a reasonable rate...under $3,000 per person. Now we have a little over a year to look forward to and plan our trip. The 4 of us are really looking forward to this little adventure!

Thanks again for all your input....I will post after our trip, so others will know what to expect if they are considering the same ship.

K.C.

KC, my mom and I were on River Cloud I (since sold) almost 2 years ago and it was just amazing. Service, food, wine, cabin appointments were all top notch. I cannot criticize anything. Nice mix of mostly Europeans- Brits, Germans, Swiss, Irish, not many Americans, but really all so nice. We enjoyed great conversations at meals and had fun on the wonderful excursions. I dream of going again, this time on RC II. I know you will LOVE it. We did Budapest to Regensburg and each town/port was magical. The scenery was stunning. Have fun!

Archived