For Those Going On QE Soon...?

Captain Rhone

I was just wondering if anyone going on the Queen Elizabeth might be able to look out in the book shop for the book (Queen Elizabeth: More than a Ship) that was produced by Maurizio Eliseo (Italian) and I believe Anthony Cooke did the English translation? I've been looking around online and haven't been able to find anyone with one for sale so I thought maybe there would be some on board the ship and that someone might be able to pick one up and make arrangements to sell? I'm hoping that its available for a decent price but I have no way of knowing that because I'm not there...so if anyone shipboard could help out and get me a price range also because I would really like to get a more comprehensive book about her. Especially after the one by Philip Dawson I am left wanting more...So can anyone help out in anyway?

I was just wondering if anyone going on the Queen Elizabeth might be able to look out in the book shop for the book (Queen Elizabeth: More than a Ship) that was produced by Maurizio Eliseo (Italian) and I believe Anthony Cooke did the English translation? I've been looking around online and haven't been able to find anyone with one for sale so I thought maybe there would be some on board the ship and that someone might be able to pick one up and make arrangements to sell? I'm hoping that its available for a decent price but I have no way of knowing that because I'm not there...so if anyone shipboard could help out and get me a price range also because I would really like to get a more comprehensive book about her. Especially after the one by Philip Dawson I am left wanting more...So can anyone help out in anyway?

Google search [Queen Elizabeth: More than a ship]

There was a relatively limited print run and it sold out very quickly. However the book is superb - I have a copy - and would certainly recommend it to anyone who can afford the cover price (around £75) and who can find one.

Mainmast books in the UK had stock when I bought my copy a couple of months ago.

WD

Archived