Liberty or Destiny??

futureAG

I need help! I'm trying to decide between Liberty or Destiny. I'm looking cruising in April for our 1st anniv. Both ships have close to the same itinerary so I'm totally torn. I know the Liberty is going into dry dock for "top secret" upgrades in October, so there is that. Has as a date been set to dry dock Destiny? I'm really leaning towards the Liberty just because its a 7 day cruise, where Destiny is a 5, & becasue of the dry dock upgrades. However, I can get a suite on Destiny for the price of a blacony on Liberty (yes I know its becasue its 2 days shorter cruise :D) and would get to cruise a week earlier. What to do, what to do? :confused:

There is also the Magic... leaving from Galveston, Tx would be much closer for us (no flying, only a 10 hr drive) but I'm not sure I like the itinerary as much... UGH!!!

Liberty I think is going into Drydock for 2 Weeks, where as Destiny is in drydock for a month. I think Destiny will be getting the 'extensive' upgrades first.

If prices for Magic aren't too bad, I'd lean towards her. For me, on a ship like that, the ship IS the destination, so I don't worry about itinerary. :)

My wife and I are booked to sail the Liberty for the second time the second cruise after the dry dock. I can't see us ever wanting to do a cruise that is less than 7 days. I always say anything less than 7 days is a "Teaser Cruise". The Liberty was a beautiful ship when we were on her the first time. I only see her getting better with age, ours and the ships.:D

If you were deciding strictly between ships, I'd do the Liberty. I have been on Liberty and Destiny. I liked Destiny, but I just really liked the layout of the Lido deck better on the Liberty. I can't place why, but I felt like I were on a fancier ship on the Liberty, also.

That said, I wouldn't "not" do a cruise just because it was on the Destiny (as a matter of fact, I'll be back on her next year).

Liberty is consistently rated as one of the "prettiest" ships on Carnival

Liberty will be undergoing a big drydock and JH promises surprises...serenity deck (great) is a given....flat screen tvs, new carpets and such pretty much a given....and?? Maybe a red frog pub and/or waterworks or ??? sounds great..but the ship is beautiful and great just as it is

Destiny also will have a much needed total refit ...but NOT until Jan 2013...the ship is "tired" at best and also has less places to eat...no steakhouse....no fish and chips....and more crowding on the lido/buffet

there is simply NO choice between the two...Liberty all the way...plus Liberty is 7 nights and is a more true "cruise" experience :) Enjoy

I figured it was going to lean towards the Liberty. The only real reason I was thinking about the Destiny was becasue of the price. I read the huge thread on the Liberty's dry dock upgrades speculations! I guess now the question is between Liberty & Magic. So truth be told I'm back to where I "originally" started... debating between the Liberty & Magic. Any thought on this? The prices are close to the same, and we wouldn't have to fly if we did the Magic.... I'm just not sure about the ports, but as one of you said it's really about the ship. I just really likes the ports the Liberty is going to!

Archived