Crane Beach

kingoftheicedragons

Nix on the bus.

Three options:

1. Hook-up with another couple from the cruise and split the taxi fare with them. (maybe US$15-25 each RT ?).

2. Do an organised tour that includes the east coast and arrange for them to drop you off at the Crane and pick you up afterwards (difficult option and perhaps $US75pp ?).....Or do the tour that starts up north on the east coast road and returns past The Crane and The Gap. Return via taxi from the Crane (they are available there).

3. Rent a car. (about US$100 + gas) (or rent the car with another couple to reduce your costs). A good option.

Remember, The Crane is out a ways and you only have eight (8) hours, yes? IMHO, I would opt for the taxi. Less stress, confusion, did I mention less stress?

If I were doing it, I would have a taxi tour of the east coast (the most beautiful part(s) of the island), finish the tour at the Crane with lunch and a walkabout/beach (you'll simply LOVE The Crane) and have the manager hail a cab for you to return to the ship.

With that senerio, you will have seen and enjoyed the best that we have to offer. Your fellow cruisers will have gone to The Boatyard with a million folks and you will leave with memories that will bring you back. There is a money-back guarantee on this... ;)

My best wishes for a wonderful time! :) :) :)

Totally agree!! Crane Beach is simply stunning. Haven't been out there in a while.....we've opted for Accra instead, but I believe the next time we are in Barbados, we'll be heading out to Crane. The last time we were there, they let us go on a tour of the property and we went in several different suites that they have to offer. Oh my!!! Beautiful. Find someone to share that taxi and go for it! You won't be sorry!

Thanks for the advice. My next question here is: is there a central location to go to? And admission fees? I saw one website say that the hotel may charge $25 for right of passage (but that you got deals on their food/drinks, or something like that, too), and another place talked about a parking lot that had something like $8 to park.

Archived