Beach towels (sorry minor question)

Make sure you have pool towels in your cabin at the time of disembarkation as you may be charged like we were, and only found out a month later. The only difference with us was that there were none in the cabin from the day we embarked so we were not aware as to what was to come!!

Make sure you have pool towels in your cabin at the time of disembarkation as you may be charged like we were, and only found out a month later. The only difference with us was that there were none in the cabin from the day we embarked so we were not aware as to what was to come!!

Thanks for that info - we would have been in the same boat (excuse the pun ;))

Never knew that.

thanks.

Just to confirm I've just done a search on the P & O website and the question was asked if towels needed to be brought on board, this is the official response:

No. A range of towels will be provided in your stateroom and will be refreshed appropriately.

It is possible for you to take these towels ashore for example, on a beach shore excursion, though we would ask that you ensure you bring them back on board.

Catherine, this question on towels is a common question asked and I've said many times that it should be stated clearly in the brochure that towels do not need to be packed as there are ample white ensuite towels and striped beach towels for the passengers in their cabin.

Imagine being on a restricted luggage allowance on a fly cruise, taking towels which are heavy and bulky and then finding their are plenty when you get onboard, how annoying. Why P&O don't mention this in the brochure is a mystery.

Catherine, this question on towels is a common question asked and I've said many times that it should be stated clearly in the brochure that towels do not need to be packed as there are ample white ensuite towels and striped beach towels for the passengers in their cabin.

Imagine being on a restricted luggage allowance on a fly cruise, taking towels which are heavy and bulky and then finding their are plenty when you get onboard, how annoying. Why P&O don't mention this in the brochure is a mystery.

Exactly! While we are joining the ship in Southampton we will be flying home from Barbados. If I took a beach towel the chances are I would leave it behind so I'm glad I don't have to do that.

Thanks for the clarification ...... and it doesn't say there will be a charge if striped towels are not left in your stateroom at the end of the cruise.

I don't understand how they could have made this charge a month later because they could well have been put into the bins provided on board ship. How very strange.

Thanks for the clarification ...... and it doesn't say there will be a charge if striped towels are not left in your stateroom at the end of the cruise.

I don't understand how they could have made this charge a month later because they could well have been put into the bins provided on board ship. How very strange.

You are quite right about leaving them in the bins, but then they should be replaced in the evening. If they don't and they are missing the next morning when you disembark they could assume you took them.

In our case I must make an admission, it happened on Cunard's QM 2 on a winter crossing, but P&O and Cunard belong to Carnival and presumably operate similar pracatices. On a recent QM 2 Voyage I met the Chief Purser at one of the many parties on QM 2. I asked her if passengers could still be charged if there were no pool towels in their cabin on the day of departure. She said it didn't apply only to pool towels!

Archived