What is The Marketplace?

Liztoybiz

New to NCL and cruising the Epic next Sunday (!!!) and I noticed our cabin was directly under The Marketplace on the starboard side of the ship. Is this a dining or shopping area? It's too late to change it now, I was just curious.

Also, is there a good place to purchase a cappuccino onboard? I'm much nicer after I've had my coffee ;-)

And finally, in the spa, I know the Thermal Suites (beds?) are for 18+ but are the whirlpools and saunas in that area as well? In a spa mini and planning to take my 17 yr. old in with me but I needed to know if there was anything she could go to...

Thank!

Liz

ps. Anyone else cruising the Epic on July 31, please come to our roll call and join us!

The marketplace is an open area between the elevator banks at the aft of the ship on 15. It's usually just an empty area and walkway, but on occasion they will set up tables and sell things (inexpensive watches, $10 shirts one day, etc.). Nothing to worry about. I was up front under the Garden Cafe (14022) and didn't hear anything from upstairs.

Your daughter should be able to use the steam room and sauna in locker room next to the gym, but I don't think she'll be allowed in the main spa area where the various tubs and loungers are. Once you're in there there is no way to police what people use, so my guess is that she won't be allowed at all.

You can get specialty coffee at the Atrium Cafe. They have free coffee in urns at the end of the counter, but you can also buy cappuccino, latte's, etc. They also have a display case full of delicious free pastries there.

sdmike,

Thank you so much! You've come to my rescue more than once now regarding questions about NCL. I had NCL check with a supervisor who said she would be able to access the spa areas just not the thermal ones (?) as long as we are together.

I just hope they'll take my word for it onboard...grrr

Thanks again, glad coffee drinks are available!

Liz

Countdown in 5!

Archived