New Things Coming

llanning

How would you like it if you could print luggage tags before disembarking the ship and your luggage would be sent directly to the airport and loaded onto your flight home. It is very possible this is coming to the Spirit this summer for US citizens departing Vancouver airport for US airports? It would mean not having to pick up your luggage in that big warehouse.

How about exchanging currency on board at rates only slightly over even exchange? You will be able to on the Liberty this summer.

I know that Royal Caribbean already has that in Vancouver. We did it last summer. It was very nice to be able to just walk off the ship and get a cab to the airport. We picked up our tags from the purser's office the day before we got back to Vancouver. It should be done on all ships, IMHO. Shouldn't matter if it sails into foreign port or not. What a relief it would be. I have seen people pick up the wrong luggage in the warehouse and didn't discover it until at the airport. It happened to someone we were with on the Conquest a couple of years ago.

RCCL used to do this all the time. If you booked transfers with them, they even took your bags OFF the plane and to the ship, you didn't have to get them and load them on the bus! Coming back, you would pick them up and then put them on a truck going to your airline right outside of where you cleared customs. It was so nice. I figured it went away after 911. Don't know for sure, since I haven't cruised since right before then.

June

June,

RCCL went one step further on this cruise. Once you put your luggage outside your cabin the night before the end of the cruise, you don't see it again until you are at your home airport. The morning of disembarking, we went to the theatre after breakfast where they started calling flight numbers. You take your passport down and they give you your boarding pass and your luggage tags to claim your bags in your home town. Before 8:00, we were off the ship and on our way to the airport. Because we had some card given us by the ship that let airport personnel know we were from the cruise ship, we went straight through the airport, where we went through customs in about 1 minute. Then we walked right to the gate. This was so easy, I can hardly believe it.

Archived