FOS Christmas cruise - dinner at Chops?

Hi all,

We're headed on the FOS for the holiday (Western Caribbean 7-night) cruise this year and have tentatively booked dinner at Chops for Christmas Day (Day 3 - Labadee). We've been on this itinerary before but have never been on the holiday cruise.

Would there be anything special in the MDR that night that we shouldn't miss? Do you think Day 4 (12/26) or Day 5 (12/27) would be better for Chops? If last year's trip was any indication, formal nights are Days 2 + 6, and we don't want to miss either of those in the MDR.

Thanks for your input! :D

I've never been on a cruise over a major holiday, but I have friends who have and it was the traditional holiday meal, ham, turkey and all the trimmings. Of course, you can order other things off the menu. I would stick with Chops for the meal and make it extra special. Especially on the Freedom. At least on the Freedom when you dine in Chops or Portifino's you get the lovely ocean view...on the Oasis we didn't have the ocean view. Enjoy your cruise!

I have not sailed on Christmas, but I have sailed on Thanksgiving. They changed formal night from its usual evening to Thanksgiving, and they had a special meal in the MDR. In short, it was a better-than-average evening in the MDR.

I suggest sticking to the MDR for the actual Christmas meal, and save your Chops meal for another night that week.

Perhaps you could ask your waiter's advice on the first night of the cruise. He will know about the upcoming plans, and he'll give you good advice.

Archived