Ship on a stick

Princesss

Actually, on the Magic in May of this year (second cruise out) he made a HUGE point of saying that no one got one for nothing and not just for asking. He said you had to EARN it. Was kind of snotty the way he said it, too.

Then before the show was over, he called a lady to the stage because he said he couldn't take his eyes off her hair.............was a big Afro. He then gave her a SOAS for nothing.:confused::confused::confused:

That's what the entertainment director said when he was at the door for getting off at one of the ports. Said I had to earn it. With out thinking, I bent over and gave him a kiss on his cheek. He told me to meet him before one of the shows, and he would give me one. Instead, I went to Guest Services, and said I couldn't find him to get my gift, so they went to the back room and brought one out to me.

My family and I have earned quite a few SOS's. We usually win them at trivia contests, though I've won them at board games like Scattagories in the past. My daughter earned one a few years ago for checking the BINGO balls. This past cruise, i suggested my friend be the leader in the Battle of the Sexes competition to earn a SOS. I had won one that way a few years ago, but this time, they didn't present any, even though we girls won all 3 contests! Actually we even humiliated ourselves by dropping quarters from our clothed behinds into a glass. Yes, you are reading that correctly. But we didn't get anything. They were kind of stingy with them this past cruise on the Freedom.

I bet they cost Carnival less than a buck a piece. I believe they should be generous with them. It's a cheap way of making people happy and, frankly, a good advertisement for them when people see them back at their homes displayed!

I vote more SOS and medals!!!

My Dad was frank on the Elation out of San Diego, but no ship on a stick, just a little flashing pin!

Yep, more often than not they don't award a Ship on a Stick for the Legends show? (I REALLY think they should ALWAYS give you one for doing that,,,as it's a lot of work, and takes a lot of your time!) Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. I too, have a bunch of the "Carnival Legends" flashing pins, but it's hard to find new batterys for them. I've got several of the "Olympic Medals" too, as they occasionally give those out for the "Legends Show". I think I've always received a SOS for participation in the Passengers Talent Show however, but that show only happens on short cruises, or 8 day and longer. Not on 7 day cruises? :confused:

"SKY"

Archived