Ship on a stick

Princesss

100_6008.jpg

I try to get at least one from each new ship I cruise on- Inspiration is next!

I won at least 6 medals on my last cruise--I spoke to the crew member running all the trivia contests & explained my concern, he brought one to the next Trivia contest I entered (& won!)

100_6008.jpg

I try to get at least one from each new ship I cruise on- Inspiration is next!

I won at least 6 medals on my last cruise--I spoke to the crew member running all the trivia contests & explained my concern, he brought one to the next Trivia contest I entered (& won!)

I love your collection !

I've got a whole bunch of 'em,,,all won for singing in the Passenger Talent Show, or the "Legends Show". I love my "24 karet gold, plastic, piece of ships on a stick", and will soon run out of room in my cabinet for 'em. I try to get one on each and every cruise,,,,,but sadly,,,,,sometimes fail. (That gives me an excuse to rebook,,,immediately!) :cool:

"SKY"

Who are you in the Legends show ?

take me with you on your next one. we one a ship on a stick during a trivia game. we had to listen to the movie line and name the comedy movie. my brother and i came in second for the place/monument trivia. the only reason we lost is because they showed a picture of the what use to be sears tower....so thats what the answer was..however we said it is now the Willis tower and no longer the sears tower...and i thought the royal palace in thailand had a specific name....not just royal palace. not bad considering we were the youngest in there. the other couple beat us by 1 point :mad:.....travelling the world really helped us in that game

They should have at least given you a consolation prize !!

Our team "the Dumb Blondes" no we were not all blonde....won the Trivia contest on the Liberty (evidently we were not dumb either). They gave us 5 ships on a stick - there were 4 of us - I got 2 - (Im the one not blonde) and 4 medals, and 2 bottles of champagne....we racked up! I have one of ships on a stick proudly displayed in my bedroom on my Carnival Shelf (the other collecting dust in my closet)....I have those cool plastic carnival DOD glasses -one is a Whale Tail, all of my S & S cards (4), my medal, a Carnival Cork Screw, and my Ship pins on it! I gaze at each day knowing that soon I will add to it....awww the joys of cruising!

I took a photo of my Carnival Shelf...

My shelf....

002-1.jpg

My Ship on a Stick that I won on the Liberty for the Trivia Contest - Dumb Blondes Rule!

006.jpg

I have written this message before but will do so again regarding the famous and so popular "SHIP ON A STICK".

First I must go to my locked cabinet of treasures obtained during many cruises. There it is shining in the sun light. Gently, ever so gently, I take it from it's protected shelf and place it on a cloth covered table. It proudly stands 5 1/2 half inches high and 6 1/4 inches wide. On top is a replica of a Carnival ship covered in 24 carot gold. It is hand carved and the funnel, radar shell and mast are proudly displayed in great detail. There are 3 life boats shown in the Fore part of the ship with seven others Aft. Each side of the ship is carved in the same detailed manner. All 222 cabin windows are displayed as well as the Carnival emblem.

The ship itself rests on "V" shaped laurel indicating "Victory" as in the days of Rome. The laurel, in turn, rests on a circular base in the form of 2 steps. This represents the perilous road to victory. The entire assembly is attached to dark colored, imported marble selected for strength and durability. On the front of the award, the Carnival emblem is repeated and the name of the ship is inscribed where the achievement was rewarded. In this case, it is the "M.S. Tropicale". Since this ship no longer sails in the Carnival fleet, the intrinsic value of this piece far exceeds any monetary value although that is estimated in the thousands of dollars.

That said, I grasp the "Ship on a Stick" and ever so slowly replace it on the shelf. I clearly remember the reward presentation in the year 2000 and a tear comes to my eye. I turn the key in the lock and take a parting glance until the next time.

So as you can see, you cannot buy some thing as dear as this. You can only earn it through a deed of heroism, strength or wit. I wish you luck in your quest.

I won my ship on a stick on my 1st cruise last year on the Legend. I tried to win it at an air guitar contest but lost. The next day, I decided to go to a deck party and won it doing the "Carleton Dance"(from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air). I was so excited! I cherish my ship on a stick. :D

LOL I have an area with all that stuff too ! Including the monkey they sell the drinks in LOL

this makes me wonder what others have on their "Carnival" shelves--or would put on such a shelf if they had one

On top of my computer desk, I have a DOD Whale Tail and a monkeyhead...I also have a Carnival frame with a pic of my nephew and two nieces from one of their first if not first cruises....I am wondering what else I could add to my shelf collection :confused: besides a ship on a stick of course

question for all: what do *you* have, wish you had or plan to get on your next cruise to add to your own shelf collection? :)

I WANT ONE TOO!!!

2 more weeks to Ecstasy and 4.5 more months to Magic and I'll be attending as many event as I can to work on winning.

Last year on RCL, between sudoku and trivia, we got medals of all colors + hats + bags + key chains, etc... I sure hope Carnival has sudoku cause I've been practicing!!!!

Who are you in the Legends show ?

Hi Princess.

I've always been either "Frank", or "Elvis". If they change the show they're keeping both of those folks, so I can still do them, but they are adding "Neil Diamond", and Sweet Caroline. I can do that one as well, and it's usually a crowd pleaser, so I may be "Neil" on the first cruise where they've updated the show. Can't wait! See you aboard!

"SKY"

I got one on our last cruise when I saw an activities staff near the elevators with a big bag of them....I said "I should win one of those!" He said "For what?" and I said "For carrying the youngest cruiser on the ship! (I pointed at my belly) A 17 week old fetus!!" LOL! He started laughing and handed me one! I was SO EXCITED!!! :D

I made all the arrangements for my DH to take my DB on an "Estrogen-Free Cruise" for his 40th birthday - my DB is in a wheelchair and grew up in a household with 3 sisters and an overprotective mother. DH got to talking to the cruise director and explained why I was not on the cruise, and she gave him one to bring me for being a wonderful wife and sister

I have 3, 1st for verifying that all the bingo balls were in the box before bingo started. 2nd a kid gave to me for holding the elevator for her, she said she didn't want it. 3rd one of the dancers, walked by and handed it to me while I was standing in line at the shore excursions desk. They all 3 sit on top of my jewelry box. 1 of them even has a job, he holds my phone charger cord. :D Love it everytime I plug in or unplug my phone I look at them.

Ask John, he will send to your room.

Actually, on the Magic in May of this year (second cruise out) he made a HUGE point of saying that no one got one for nothing and not just for asking. He said you had to EARN it. Was kind of snotty the way he said it, too.

Then before the show was over, he called a lady to the stage because he said he couldn't take his eyes off her hair.............was a big Afro. He then gave her a SOAS for nothing.:confused::confused::confused:

Archived