atlantic hway from Molde???

Does the four hours include the grace period (i.e., are you in at 12pm and leave at 4pm, so in reality you have to be back by 3:30pm, making it only 3.5 hours?)

I'd be nervous if it was only 3.5 hours, but probably possible (but still tight) if it's a full 4 hours, as long as you know exactly what you have to do and where you are going (i.e., no line-up or other delays in picking up or dropping off (and re-fueling?) the car).

This would be tough. It is a 2 hour round trip (at a minimum) and you would probably be wise to allow 2 1/2. If you are talking about renting your own car, just the time spent getting a car would not leave you much margin for problems. If you are talking about hiring a private car/driver and can find one, I suspect the cost would be pretty high and not worth it. This might be one of those times where you should consider the cruise line tour (and I hate cruise line tours).

We normally suggest folks just take the local bus (they have a line that goes out to the end of the Atlantic Road and then immediately returns) which costs a fraction of the tour. But in your case this probably would not work since the local bus only runs a few times a day.

Hank

shore tours are not released yet. so not sure what the ship is going to offer but it was one thing i wanted to do but not sure on the time frame it would take. what would anyone recommend to do in Molde.

Archived