Beaches in Aarhus

Den Permanente is the most popular beach for young people in Aarhus and it is a short walk from the pier where your ship will dock. From the pier, there is a path that follows the shoreline to the beach. You are aware that beaches in Denmark are “clothes optional”.

Click on http://www.visitaarhus.com/internati...land&CallerUrl for additional information on Den Permanente and a map showing the location.

Ron

Thanks for the advice, Ron. Knowing that it's a walk from the pier is a relief. I didn't know that beaches were-clothing optional in Denmark; hopefully we'll avoid most other bathers by going first thing in the morning. Otherwise, I guess our teenagers are in for more of an education than we had expected....

Thanks for the advice, Ron. Knowing that it's a walk from the pier is a relief. I didn't know that beaches were-clothing optional in Denmark; hopefully we'll avoid most other bathers by going first thing in the morning. Otherwise, I guess our teenagers are in for more of an education than we had expected....

As you might know, Europeans don’t view nudity in the same light as many Americans. I’ve walked through parks in many big cities in Europe at lunch time and seen woman with their blouses removed sunning themselves. People walk by and don’t pay this any attention. I’ve also seen entire families sun bathing in the nude at beaches throughout Europe. You will most likely encounter this at Den Permanente, but as you say “I guess our teenagers are in for more of an education than we had expected.” This is what experiencing other lands and other cultures is about. Thank goodness we are not all cut from the same mold. Have a great time on you cruise.

Ron

Archived