Grand Cayman time vs. ship time (tour timing question)

jbitzer

Booked a tour with Nativeways in late August. Can't wait.. however I have a question regarding timing of excursions.

Now if I need to be at the desk to start the excursion is 930 (Eastern), the Excursion ends at 1245 Eastern.

Is GC an hour ahead or behind. If I remember correctly, the ship stays on Eastern no matter what.

What time should I line up for tenders to get where I need to go? How long does tender take?

(I've never had to tender before on the 2 other cruises I have done.)

Thanks.

Booked a tour with Nativeways in late August. Can't wait.. however I have a question regarding timing of excursions.

Now if I need to be at the desk to start the excursion is 930 (Eastern), the Excursion ends at 1245 Eastern.

Is GC an hour ahead or behind. If I remember correctly, the ship stays on Eastern no matter what.

What time should I line up for tenders to get where I need to go? How long does tender take?

Thanks.

I'd like to know the answer to that too. :o

Grand Cayman is always on Eastern standard time. They do not observe daylight savings. Which makes them one hour behind Eastern Daylight time at this moment.

If your ship changes their clocks, there will be an announcement, and it will be listed in the daily flyer. We were just there on Carnival, and they stayed on EDT. So anything we did, was based on the ship's clock. I don't understand your question about the desk. But if it's on the ship, use ship time.

Cayman is a short hop on the tender. Going 45 minutes before the time your tour is scheduled to meet up on shore should be plenty. If it is a ship purchased tour, they'll be using ship time.

I'm still slightly confused. Let me see if I understand it.

The Ship (in my case Freedom of the Seas) stays on Eastern Standard time. Currently this means sunrise approx 6 am and sunset approx 830 pm. This would also mean that in late October/early November the ship would "fall back" one hour in time.

Grand Cayman does not observe the "spring ahead, fall back" time rules. The time is the time and that is it.

The desk I was referring to is the one to check in the pier for the tour with Nativeway.

So, technically GC permanently stays one hour behind no matter the time.

I'm still slightly confused. Let me see if I understand it.

The Ship (in my case Freedom of the Seas) stays on Eastern Standard time. Currently this means sunrise approx 6 am and sunset approx 830 pm. This would also mean that in late October/early November the ship would "fall back" one hour in time.

Probably not true. Most of the United States does the whole spring ahead/fall back routine as they switch between Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time. Your ship most likely does the same.

Grand Cayman does not observe the "spring ahead, fall back" time rules. The time is the time and that is it.

Correct.

The desk I was referring to is the one to check in the pier for the tour with Nativeway.

So, technically GC permanently stays one hour behind no matter the time.

Uh. Not correct. GC is on Miami time in the winter and Houston time in the summer. We don't change our clocks, but because the US does then the time difference arises for part of the year.

Thanks.

Just got our confirmation back from Native Way for our September tour. Sharon stated that we should meet them at 9:15 am ships time. The last time we tendered in GC we went down to catch the tender at 8:30 am and walked right onto a tender. We were on shore by 8:45 am.

Just got our confirmation back from Native Way for our September tour. Sharon stated that we should meet them at 9:15 am ships time. The last time we tendered in GC we went down to catch the tender at 8:30 am and walked right onto a tender. We were on shore by 8:45 am.

nativetours is awesome and uh last time we got the time messed up and arrived an hour late!! they went above and beyond to help us out..the best tour company we have ever used!!

• 1 month later...

Can someone confirm if Freedom of the Seas changes their clocks, or keeps them on Florida time. We are going in April which will mean Grand Cayman will be an hour behind Florida (where the ship sails from). We are in port 8:00am - 4:00pm. We are interested in a private excursion that starts at 8:15 local time. We will only be able to do the tour if the Ship stays on Florida time as it will be 9:15 ship time.

Archived