So im going with Norwegian Epic solo in less than 2 weeks

filbo132

I will be going to Barcelona in two weeks, where I will stay one night in Barcelona and then take the cruise which departs the following day at 6pm.

This is my first solo trip on a cruise, im excited and nervous at the sametime.

Im currently trying to figure out what to pack, im thinking of bringing 6-7 swim shorts, but I don't know if the ship has a big swimming pool and how its all setup...is the pool inside the ship or outside...anyways a little detail on that would be usefull. If I just simply want to tan, do they have enough seats to accomodate everyone or is it like when I went to Cuba, first come first serve.

As for the excursions, I booked a city tour on each stop with the cruise, do I ahve to bring out my passport each time I leave my ship, or just a copy is good enought.

How does the drinks system work, do I have to pay???

Any other tips for me?

I will be going to Barcelona in two weeks, where I will stay one night in Barcelona and then take the cruise which departs the following day at 6pm.

This is my first solo trip on a cruise, im excited and nervous at the sametime.

Im currently trying to figure out what to pack, im thinking of bringing 6-7 swim shorts, but I don't know if the ship has a big swimming pool and how its all setup...is the pool inside the ship or outside...anyways a little detail on that would be usefull. If I just simply want to tan, do they have enough seats to accomodate everyone or is it like when I went to Cuba, first come first serve.

As for the excursions, I booked a city tour on each stop with the cruise, do I ahve to bring out my passport each time I leave my ship, or just a copy is good enought.

How does the drinks system work, do I have to pay???

Any other tips for me?

First of all, I want to say "lucky you".

The outside swimming pools are rather on the small side, compared to some other cruise ships we've been on. That being said, there is usually somewhere that you can lay down and get a tan. Just make sure not to sleep in too late;) or you may be out of luck. I personally would take my passpost with me off the ship when going on your excursions. As for the drinks, simply give them your ship card and the drinks will be posted to your onboard account. No need to carry cash as they don't/won't take it (unless you're giving the server an additional tip), in addition to the automatic gratituty of 15% which is added to your bill!:eek: Read up on previous posters tips previously mentioned throughout the many threads on this website (if you've got a lot of spare time).

Archived