Am I missing anything?

capital6

After much research on these Boards (thank you all for the great input & advice), I think I've decided on the following excursions:

Ketchikan (in port 7am - 4pm): 1/2 day salmon fishing w/ North Pacific Charters

Juneau (in port 7am - 8:30pm): Adventure Bound to Tracy Arm

Skagway (in port 7am - 4pm): Heli/Dog sled tour w/ Temsco

Denali: Tundra Wilderness Tour(day 1) & raft the Nenana river (suggestions on company?)

Does this look like I am missing any "must do" items in Alaska? I figure we (family of 4) will only get their once so we're "going for it".

Also, any suggestions for Icy Strait & Talkeetna?

When is your trip? I'd be interested to know how your fishing trip goes. I'm in the early planning stages for my cruise, and am gathering fishing info in all the ports for my boyfriend. We'll be going in early June, so that obviously limits the type of fish he'll be going for, but he doesn't care so much about that, as having good "potential" for catching (he's a lifelong fisherman, so does know nothing is ever guaranteed....).

After much research on these Boards (thank you all for the great input & advice), I think I've decided on the following excursions:

Ketchikan (in port 7am - 4pm): 1/2 day salmon fishing w/ North Pacific Charters

Juneau (in port 7am - 8:30pm): Adventure Bound to Tracy Arm

Skagway (in port 7am - 4pm): Heli/Dog sled tour w/ Temsco

Denali: Tundra Wilderness Tour(day 1) & raft the Nenana river (suggestions on company?)

Does this look like I am missing any "must do" items in Alaska? I figure we (family of 4) will only get their once so we're "going for it".

Also, any suggestions for Icy Strait & Talkeetna?

We did the whale watch with Misty Bay lodge and it was wonderfull We also did a bear search with them which I enjoyed very much. Not sure if the kids would appreciate it ( we did see one bear, But unless they can enjoy the scenery too they may get restless)

Whenever our cruise takes us to Icy Strait we always make it a point to go whale watching. We are doing a B2B next June and have already booked our two experiences.

Sounds like your plans are off to a wonderful start --- enjoy the rest of your planning process.

Karen

Archived