What to Do in Aruba?

SassyGirl

Please help! I just booked a last minute cruise (leaving Wednesday) and one of the ports is Aruba. I haven't had time to do any research. This is my first time visiting the island.

What is the best beach?

Are there any "not-to-miss" excursions or places?

Any tips would be much appreciated!!!

SassyGirl

I could tell you Eagle Beach is the best, others will say palm or Baby.

Head over to http://www.aruba-bb.com/ register and read up on lots of things to do. That is the best web site for Aruba.

Have a blast. I will be in Aruba off a cruise ship on May 5!!!

Lots of folks are going to rent a jeep and do their own tour. People like to take a tour to DePalm Island and spend the day.

If you close your eyes on part of the island you will think you are in Arizona till you see the ocean. Its my FAVORITE island!! I also spend 10 days to 2 weeks there in November.

Just got back from Aruba last Friday. We did the Palm Beach trip offered by Princess which had the Whitest Sands of our Entire Trip. We were taken by catamarn over to Palm Beach (with refreshments served ;) ) and had 3 opportunities for return (2, 3, and 4pm). A bus [that looked like the Partridge Family Bus] brought you back to the ship from the Holiday Inn Parking Lot. Palm and Eagle beaches are right next to each other. Palm is considered the High Rise location where Eagle is where the Low Rises are. If you want to do water sports, there are plenty of vendors at Palm Beach to help you out. You can even play them off each other for a better price. Wave Runners, Parasailing, Tubing and Banana Boats are offered. We rented a couple Wave Runners and were ferried over to Eagle Beach for pickup. Enjoy your stay!

~Paul

Can't go wrong with a 4x4 extreme Jeep adventure..we had an absolutely great time!! Our guide Claudio was the best! We did the 1/2 day tour (with stops @ the Gold Mill Fort, Natural Bridge, Ostrich Farm and the Natural Pool) We then hit Eagle Beach, bussed it back downtown and then squeezed in some quick shopping.

It is truly a beautiful island! I would go back in a heartbeat!

Archived