Dikili bath and mud cure spa

I posted the same thread on a different board with no results. I hope to have better luck on this one. We will be in Dikili (Turkey) Nov.6 on a Sunday. Has any one been to a bath & mud cure spa not too far from port? Any advise or info would be appreciated. Will they be opened on a Sunday? Thanks.

Sorry, I do not have an answer for you. Have you been to that port before?

Pergamum is not far from port with an awesome Roman ampitheather. The steepest. Great ruins as well. We took a private driver and enjoyed our day. He also gave us a tip to go to grocery store in town to get the olive oil, one of Turkey's great product. I bought some, and packed in luggage, very good. Comparable to Italian and greek oils.

This is a very small town, but cute

Sorry, I do not have an answer for you. Have you been to that port before?

Pergamum is not far from port with an awesome Roman ampitheather. The steepest. Great ruins as well. We took a private driver and enjoyed our day. He also gave us a tip to go to grocery store in town to get the olive oil, one of Turkey's great product. I bought some, and packed in luggage, very good. Comparable to Italian and greek oils.

This is a very small town, but cute

Thanks Catskier, no I have never been to Dikili,good to know it's a small town,it should not be difficult then to find a taxi,who will bring us to a mud spa,I read that they have the best natural spring and mud spas in the world.I was hoping to find someone on CC who had visited the KOCAOBA mud and hot spring.Queen Victoria offers a shore excursion to a Cleopatra spa but I find their price a bit steep. Thanks.

I posted the same thread on a different board with no results. I hope to have better luck on this one. We will be in Dikili (Turkey) Nov.6 on a Sunday. Has any one been to a bath & mud cure spa not too far from port? Any advise or info would be appreciated. Will they be opened on a Sunday? Thanks.

I don't know where Dikili is but we went to a Turkish Bath in Marmais a few years back on our last Med cruise. Besides being very clean and beautiful, it was the most fun I had in a long time. But I must warn you, it was clothing optional so take a bathing suit along (as we did) if you are not comfortable with disrobing entirely! The cost wasn't bad (sorry can't recall exactly) but it included sauna, jacuzzi soak, the bath and a full body massage - heavenly!

Hi, sorry can't help with the Turkish bath question but I must say in many ports we have visited in Greece and Turkey, Dikili was one of the most disappointing. It could best be described as 'an emerging' tourist destination. We enjoy visiting places which are not 'touristy' but this place has little charm imo. If I were to be going on a cruise calling there in the future, I would definitely seek to go on a trip or organise an excursion/visit so I would advise you to arrange something here.

Archived