carnival credit card

jaredcoreymama

You don't book the cruise through the card.. you use the card to book the cruise on either Carnival's website, with a PVP, or your TA; there is no third party that you need to use. Now maybe if you've accumlated enough points that you've earn an entire cruise; that I don't know, but for all other "perks" like OBC, fruit baskets, gift bags, spa treatments, etc, you cash in your points right from the Fun Points Mastercard website. Very simple.

Bottom line.. if you're looking for basically OBC for when you cruise, you need 7,500 points for 50.00 12,500 points for 100.00 and 20,000 points for 200.00 worth of OBC. You'll get 5,000 bonus points as soon as you open it, and 2pts for every dollar spent booking a Carnival cruise (1pt per dollar for all other non-Carnival purchases), so even if you didn't use it for anything else other than to book the initial cruise, you should earn enough for the 50.00 OBC. We use it for practically all purchases (paying off in full each month) and with that and our cruise booking we usually have at least 200.00 in OBC. Now that being said.. I don't think we'll ever spend enough to get an entire cruise for free.. I just don't shop that much :rolleyes:

I'm sure there will be those who will recommend other cards that pay better point to dollar ratio, but I can only comment on what I know.

IMHO it's well worth it if you have the discipline to use a credit card properly. Like Vicky said, I use mine for everything I can, keep it paid off, it costs nothing. The first time I cashed in, we got a 7 night cruise on the Triumph out of New Orleans, balcony cabin cost $302 total for my DW and I. It did take a couple years to bank that many points. This year, in a little over a year we had enough for a $500 credit toward our cruise we took in June. I would have let it ride longer, but they cut the value of the points a bit after May 31 :mad: and my accrued points would have devalued as well.

If you use it properly it's something for nothing. That's pretty hard to beat!

Fair winds,

JHC

I've had my Carnival Fun Points Mastercard for about 18 months. I now have enough points for about $350 OBC or $350 off the price of a cruise.

I haven't decided yet when I'll use it or whether I'll continue saving points until I get enough to cruise free. :)

Yes...you can purchase your cruise through Carnival or any 3rd party - you apply the points on your credit card once the charge shows.

We also charge EVERYTHING possible to our credit card including our monthly bills and even a pack of gum :D Our largest purchase - a new Harley! The next day we went to the Credit Union took out a loan for the Harley and paid off the CC with the proceeds ;)

We pay our credit card off each monthly - if we can't afford to pay it off, we don't charge.

In just under 4 years we sailed on the Dream - 7 days in a balcony on the Empress deck - paid totally by our points. We also took B2B in April on the Sensation and applied the balance of our points available before they changed the point value in May - another $650 off in points ;)

So....it is definately possible! We are back to building points :D

I've used mine for OBC for sure and to pay parts of a cruise. I don't spend enough to get a cruise for free. The points only last for 4 years. So, you can't just save them forever.

Nancy

Archived