Dream - Remy/Palo booking likelihood?

SJCNEWBIE

Hi All,

I am new to Disney Cruise line. I have booked a cruise for near the end of the year. I can only book the restaurants 75 days ahead of my 3 night cruise.

Can anyone tell me if I have any chance of me getting a booking (preferably for dinner) if I book it as soon as I can 75 days ahead of time?

Thanks, SC.

We were recently on the Wonder as first-time Disney cruisers. We couldn't get reservations for anything at Palo. Even though it was a 7-night cruise, zip, zero, zilch. I had thought that since this was a longer cruise than some of the Disney cruises, things might be easier, but no. I felt as if we were among the 'unwashed' as first-timers. Didn't feel welcomed at all. I wish you luck.

One of the perks of being returning cruisers is that you are able to make reservations earlier than new guests; as a result, these desirable slots fill rather quickly. But don't despair!

If you are unable to get a reservation ahead of time, make a point of getting to the terminal early and getting onboard as early as possible. Once you are aboard, make a beeline to whatever lounge Palo/Remy are using for accommodating guests in your situation. They hold a relatively small percentage of the available slots aside for just such situations.

And if that fails, call or stop by the restaurant several times per day to determine if they have had any cancellations, impressing on the staff how you've heard such glowing reviews of their facility, how much it really, REALLY means to you to be able to experience it, and how it just might affect your decision to book future cruises aboard DCL. ;)

On one of our 3-night cruises on Wonder, we had a truly terrible experience in the main dining room the first night; we complained to the dining manager, and were compensated by getting complimentary dining in Palo on both the second and third nights. :)

Don't know whether we were lucky or not, but on our 4 day cruise in May, we walked back to Remy right after we made it on the ship and were able to get reservations. They didn't even know we were return cruisers, just walked right up to the stand and booked the reservation for like 7pm.

It all depends!!

Try it if you can, both Palo and Remy are fantastic.

One of the perks of being returning cruisers is that you are able to make reservations earlier than new guests; as a result, these desirable slots fill rather quickly. But don't despair!

If you are unable to get a reservation ahead of time, make a point of getting to the terminal early and getting onboard as early as possible. Once you are aboard, make a beeline to whatever lounge Palo/Remy are using for accommodating guests in your situation. They hold a relatively small percentage of the available slots aside for just such situations.

And if that fails, call or stop by the restaurant several times per day to determine if they have had any cancellations, impressing on the staff how you've heard such glowing reviews of their facility, how much it really, REALLY means to you to be able to experience it, and how it just might affect your decision to book future cruises aboard DCL. ;)

On one of our 3-night cruises on Wonder, we had a truly terrible experience in the main dining room the first night; we complained to the dining manager, and were compensated by getting complimentary dining in Palo on both the second and third nights. :)

What was the terrible experience?

We just got off B2B Dream cruises. I was told they hold back abour 20% for Palo and Remy on these shorter cruises. So get to the port early. Also Remy had a high cancelation rate on our cruise. They said it is because people change their mind and want to experience the main dining rooms or they don't want to spend about 3 hours for the Remy meal. (But Remy was wonderful! Palo too.)

Thanks for all the help. I guess I wont hold my breath regarding booking online, but I'll make sure that I get to the port early and try and board early. What time would you guys recommend?

Thanks again!!!

I'd try to grab the earliest check-in time that is available to you. At some point, DCL is suppose to start sticking to those times and not letting people in ahead of time. If you read the various threads you will see this is a work in progress.

This was our first time to Remy and it was fantastic. Not sure if I had to pick between Palo and Remy which one I owuld pick. Remy is a night to remember.

Archived