Downgrading - not upgrading

kathisu

I have searched and haven't found this question on here before. We have friends traveling in December who have booked a Penthouse Suite. Job situation has changed (welcome to reality). They are hopeful things will change by final payment time, but if not, does anyone know if they can change to a less expensive room without penalty? Thanks in advance.

Assuming they are in the U.S. (different countries have different rules) they would be able to downgrade for no charge imposed by Celebrity so long as they do this before final payment. If they are booked with a travel agent, some travel agents impose fees for changes (though not many). If they are receiving perks such as OBC from a travel agent, the perks likely would become less if they were to switch to a cheaper stateroom.

I really do not see that will be a problem. No final payment has been made.

Just have their TA call Celebrity or if they booked directly give them a call. IMO NO explanation is necessary.

If too complicated.... cancel that cabin & re-book a new one. That's exactly what they want.... a different accomodation.

Where I might see a problem is HELLO.... :rolleyes: downgrading from a Penthouse Suite to other type of cabin... alas Welcome to reality.... where most mortals travels....

Archived