Somalia Famine

This is getting worse daily - over two million children at risk.

2826566-16x9-940x529.jpg

Tim Costello from World Vision was quoted in the news yesterday as being disappointed with the response from Australia thus far.:eek:

Children are dying while we are fortunate enough to be planning our next cruise and considering how we are going to spend our OBCs and other fun money :(

For our part, Tim's message got to us and we made a second donation online this morning.

Maybe we could all figure a way to reduce our bar bill and spending money from our next cruise [just a little bit] and find a way to pass that money along to where it can maybe save just one life.

My apologies to anyone who thinks this post is out of line. :o

Just a thought.:):)

http://www.worldvision.com.au/Home.aspx?lpos=top_drop_0_Home

http://www.caritas.org.au/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home1

http://www.redcross.org.au/africaappeal.aspx

I visited Ethiopia back in 2005 and stayed in the Gondar region spoke to people there who informed us that the money never gets to the people that really need it. Now, I'm not saying that this applies to money dated to World Vision.

it is tragic. However, the amount of money that countries have donated over the years and its just gone into corrupt governments.

They are heart-breaking scenes. I also wonder when do these people get a change to come to a country like Australia. Some of them have been waiting for years and year in camps.

It breaks my heart to see the suffering of those poor little mites. A agree about the fireworks, Anna. I think they should be banned absolutely. Money up in smoke just for a few minutes of 'entertainment'. I'm sure there are better ways to celebrate. :(

This is getting worse daily - over two million children at risk.

For our part, Tim's message got to us and we made a second donation online this morning.

And your reminder got through to me. I had been putting off doing something towards the ABC/UNICEF Appeal and now I have.

Colleen

And your reminder got through to me. I had been putting off doing something towards the ABC/UNICEF Appeal and now I have.

Colleen

Well done Colleen. :)

Thats makes it worth the time putting in the post.

Now just imagine if you could convince just one person to donate something, and they in turn could convince another - and so on.......

What an amazing result that could be. :)

People power is marvellous - simply because people are marvellous.

Archived