Does Carnival have a Gluten free menu

flasaltwater

I always order the creme brulee each nite. It is gluten free. If you go to the supper club, they have a awesome cheesecake. The one in the dining room is not gluten free. They also made me special crab cakes. Melting cake can be made gf but I didn't like it. I ate at the buffet each day. Go to the omelette station. You will have no problem. It is fresh eggs all the time at the station. You can get bacon or ham too next to it. I also go to the deli and order corn beef by itself with cheese. YOu can also eat hamburgers and ff. There is no flour there. They made me a great gf veal parmesan too. Usually eat the pizza gf. One time they messed it up. I got so sick. It was a mistake but I lost that nite in the bathroom. Other than that, I have had good luck. I also hate their bread. I tried it toasted with jam. Still sucks! I have done 5 cruises doing this. They usually are very good.

Go to the omelette station. You will have no problem. It is fresh eggs all the time at the station.

I was told that they use powdered eggs for the omelettes. :confused: But, just so you know, you can ask for fresh eggs and they'll get some out of the fridge for you. (I'm a bit of a picky egg eater.)

By the way...and a little off topic...which gluten free beer is your favorite? I've tried the Redbridge; but haven't had a chance to try any of the others.

Bard's Beer.

If you like fruity stuff, try Woodchuck - hard cider. Yummy!

They will make you a gluten free cheesecake in the dining room! It has no crust but it is fantastic! Had it twice last cruise! Wish I had one right now!! I think the GF chocolate melting cake is a little "fudgier" than the normal but still good. I just wish they would figure out a way to do "bitter and blanc" gluten free! I really miss it!

Wow! I just got home from work and decided to check the board, the responses are amazing thank you so much. Yeah about the chocolate melting cake I was pretty bummed that I would not get to try it now I'm happy :):)Whats so bad is I'm a foodie for sure. This gives me hope. Now I'm looking forward to our trip again knowing that there are no worries.

Thanks so much to everyone.

The eggs are not powdered . I watched the guy this past Feb crack open about a couple dozen. I hate powdered eggs. I have seen them crack them a few times. Just to let you know. Probably ate them about 50 times at least.

The eggs are not powdered . I watched the guy this past Feb crack open about a couple dozen. I hate powdered eggs. I have seen them crack them a few times. Just to let you know. Probably ate them about 50 times at least.

Good to know. :D I would hate to eat powdered anything...unless they made some gf powdered donuts. ;)

Good to know. :D I would hate to eat powdered anything...unless they made some gf powdered donuts. ;)

Haha! I would love to find a GF powdered donut but until I do, the Kinnikinnick cinnamon sugar ones are really yummy! The vanilla glazed are good too, but they are so sweet they make my teeth hurt!!!

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone for all the great information. I have a few more questions if anyone can answer. My question is if I wanted to order a deli sandwich without bread will they give me extra meat if I ask for it?

I'm not even going to try the bread. I really don't even like the texture of GF bread at all. I roll my lunch meat up in rolls with GF mayo and corn chips. I have become pretty creative with food.

Are the salad dressings gluten free? What about their butter is it real butter or margarine?

What about eating in port were going to Mexico in December, has anyone ever ate in port GF of course?

TIA

Thanks everyone for all the great information. I have a few more questions if anyone can answer. My question is if I wanted to order a deli sandwich without bread will they give me extra meat if I ask for it?

I'm not even going to try the bread. I really don't even like the texture of GF bread at all. I roll my lunch meat up in rolls with GF mayo and corn chips. I have become pretty creative with food.

Are the salad dressings gluten free? What about their butter is it real butter or margarine?

What about eating in port were going to Mexico in December, has anyone ever ate in port GF of course?

TIA

My Dh had the GF bread and LOVED IT~!! He's not a bread eater and didn't want to try it but they brought it before he had a chance to say no and he ate it every night! I tried it, tasted pretty good I thought~

I know for a fact that their butter is butter~ I know DH had blue cheese dressing, but they knew that he was GF.

On your profile with Carnival there is a spot to check for medical issues I checked *other* for DH and when we boarded he was instructed to go to Guest Services.

Go to Profile, View Cruise Details, View Details, My Guests, then under your name click *modify* and a page will pop up that says Edit Guest Information Check Other under Medical Advisories.

The first night you are kinda on your own~ but then the dining room hostess will come to your table with the next nights menu and you place your order~ for anything that is on the menu and they will make it for you GF!

The first night you are kinda on your own~ but then the dining room hostess will come to your table with the next nights menu and you place your order~ for anything that is on the menu and they will make it for you GF!

The first night's torture...I generally stick with steak and a baked potato, with my own dish of butter. Do they still have creme brûlée the first night? Such torture, I tell you...

Yea, I am also gluten free, and was also afraid of getting sick while on our cruise. However, I learned from these boards, and then first hand that Carnival is very accomodating. I'm not sure that you need to contact special needs before hand anymore. I went to complete the form for our next cruise and it doesn't even have a space to write in and does not address dietary restrictions. Even after completing the form and sending it to special needs last time, all they had on my reservation was "food allergy". It wasn't specific. It was the same for another traveling us who had a peanut allergy. I went to the dining room and spoke with the Maitre'd as soon as we got on the ship. The hostess came to our table first thing at dinner that night and went over everything with me. She pointed out what was already gluten free that I could have for dinner the first night, then each night she would take my order for the next night. They can make pretty much anything on the menu gluten free. I had bread, chocolate melting cake, cheesecake. It is fabulous because at home, I either have to pay a lot of money to get things like that or make them all myself. She had pizza made for me in the main dining room for lunch and I had pancakes, french toast, etc for breakfast. The key is to always eat in the main dining room. Now, I have read that you can get help in regards to the buffet as well to determine what is and is not suitable to eat. I also read recently that they now have some items on the buffet labled gluten free. Oh, I almost forgot, my husband and I both had our birthdays on the cruise, so our kids were able to have the specialty shop make two gluten free birthday cakes, one chocolate and one white.

Research your ports before you go and find out what kind of eating places there are so you have an idea of where you need to go while you are there.

Have a great cruise! :)

Thank you for this post. I am gluten intollerant and find that I have it pretty much under control and can occasionally have gluten foods, BUT I'd much rather have gluten free for the most part during the day. This is very helpful.

Thanks

Our kids just went to the specialty shops and ordered them. I believe I even read on here that you could do that. Maybe they didn't offer it yet on the cruise you were on? I would call Bon Voyage and ask them.

We had a wonderful GF Anniversary chocolate cake ordered in the formalities shop on board the Ecstasy in May 2011 and a vanilla GF birthday cake for our grandson in August 2011. We were thrilled to be able to get them as they were not available when we sailed in 2010. I used to bring a GF cake mix onboard and gave it to the Maitre'd the first day. They baked and decorated it for my husband's birthday. They charged me the regular fee for the smaller cake.

Our entire family was diagnosed 5 years ago (DH and I, our kids and grandkids and DIL). We cruise about 3 times a year. We have found Carnival to be the best at dealing with a GF diet. However, that being said what you get depends on the hostess and how much trouble she is willing to go to. The best was Natalya on the Glory. We had her on 2 cruises. She fully understood the GF diet and had the chef make special pizzas, pastas muffins, mousses etc. We also had good luck on the Conquest in 2010 as that hostess was very proactive and always ordering suprises for us. We had a great hostess on the Ecstasy in May 2011, but she got promoted to the Conquest right after our cruise. The hostess on the Ecstasy in August 2011 knew absolutely nothing, but thankfully our waiter Rudy from Peru did and he saved the day. We spent the week trying to gently teach the girl. Just make sure that you tip the hostess well since they have to go to so much trouble for you.

As for RCI we had one great experience on the Voyager of the Seas in Jan 2010 thanks to a great Assistant Maitre'D and our waitress Carolina who both knew all about GF. But in January 2011 we had a miserable experience. Our waiter handled it by only offering us a choice of 2 entrees and giving us the same dessert every night. There was another couple at our table that was also GF and they were as frustrated as we were. We ended up eating in the specialty restaurant 3 times that cruise because our favorite waiter and the Maitre'd up there were very accomodating.

I was told that they use powdered eggs for the omelettes. :confused: But, just so you know, you can ask for fresh eggs and they'll get some out of the fridge for you. (I'm a bit of a picky egg eater.)

The office in Miami told me that the omelette mixture and scrambled egg mixture are not GF. They come out of a 1/2 gallon container of some processed drek. The people in special needs told me to ask for Fresh eggs both in the dining room and the Lido. I got some flak on one ship from the cook who knew nothing about it, but he asked his boss and the boss said definitely to use the fresh eggs if someone was GF.

They will make you a gluten free cheesecake in the dining room! It has no crust but it is fantastic! Had it twice last cruise! Wish I had one right now!! I think the GF chocolate melting cake is a little "fudgier" than the normal but still good. I just wish they would figure out a way to do "bitter and blanc" gluten free! I really miss it!

The GF cheesecake in the dining room is much better than the regular cheesecake (IMHO).

I also enjoyed the GF chocolate melting cake.

I was actually thinking about bringing some corn chips on the next cruise since the new menu will be in effect and they will be serving the guacamole and salsa as an appetizer. (I am hoping that the guacamole they serve is fresh and gluten free.) Does anyone know if Carnival has corn chips on board?

The tortilla chips on the buffet line on the Ecstasy were not corn. Thankfully I asked before consuming. Otherwise I would have been sick for a couple of days afterward.

Archived