FCO departure

sczcardfan

Just looking to see if anyone has any experience with early morning departures out of FCO.

We are scheduled on an 8:15am flight out of Fiumicino (to Heathrow). I have heard advice that Fiumicino can have long lines, and that there is a need to arrive early. I think I have also heard that check-in/bag drop won't open until 6am. We will check-in online prior to the airport, but we will need to drop bags and likely get boarding passes (I don't believe our hotel will have an available printer). We are flying British Airways (which I believe means we will be leaving from Terminal 3 and not Terminal 5), and will be booked in Club Europe (if that matters).

Basically I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice about whether arriving at FCO at 6am'ish should be fine, or if we need to get up even earlier. We will have spent several days in Rome post-cruise, so I'm at least not stupid enough to be asking if I could disembark in time to make an 8:15am flight... ;)

Just looking to see if anyone has any experience with early morning departures out of FCO.

We are scheduled on an 8:15am flight out of Fiumicino (to Heathrow). I have heard advice that Fiumicino can have long lines, and that there is a need to arrive early. I think I have also heard that check-in/bag drop won't open until 6am. We will check-in online prior to the airport, but we will need to drop bags and likely get boarding passes (I don't believe our hotel will have an available printer). We are flying British Airways (which I believe means we will be leaving from Terminal 3 and not Terminal 5), and will be booked in Club Europe (if that matters).

Basically I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice about whether arriving at FCO at 6am'ish should be fine, or if we need to get up even earlier. We will have spent several days in Rome post-cruise, so I'm at least not stupid enough to be asking if I could disembark in time to make an 8:15am flight... ;)

I would recommend no later than 6am. We left approx 6am and there was a ton of traffic!! It took an hour and I was anxious about our 8am departure, but we just made it!!

Archived