Reservation change

Cape Cod Sally

my husband is not feeling very well. We are due to sail on Sept.5th. Could I bring a friend instead or is it too late to make a change in the reservation?

Am sure someone knows the answer to this question!

Many thanks,

Sally

I have had a similar experience and when I called to explore the possibility, I was told by a very helpful young man that I could effect the name change and it would cost me a small admin fee. Fortunately I took a note of his name as when I finally decided that I would change the name of the passenger I spoke to a not so helpful young lady. She told me that as it was so close to departure I would need to cancel my booking and rebook which meant not only losing my money and having to recover from my insurers but also that I would have to pay for the ticket again. I then played my trump card by quoting the young man with the admin fee and after they had made enquiries of him they called me back and did just what he had promised. Lesson learnt, take names!

So the answer to your question is yes,but depending who you speak to will affect how much it costs you.

When I couldn't go on a voyage due to an exam date change, we changed the name to my mother for a small admin charge last minute. OK, maybe not that small but in comparison to the money lost if no one had gone, it was a small price to pay. We did it through our travel agent though and had no direct contact with Cunard.

I have had a similar experience and when I called to explore the possibility, I was told by a very helpful young man that I could effect the name change and it would cost me a small admin fee. Fortunately I took a note of his name as when I finally decided that I would change the name of the passenger I spoke to a not so helpful young lady. She told me that as it was so close to departure I would need to cancel my booking and rebook which meant not only losing my money and having to recover from my insurers but also that I would have to pay for the ticket again. I then played my trump card by quoting the young man with the admin fee and after they had made enquiries of him they called me back and did just what he had promised. Lesson learnt, take names!

So the answer to your question is yes,but depending who you speak to will affect how much it costs you.

Cap'n I've often speculated on another aspect of this same question. She Who Must be Obeyed is in poor health and it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that, for one reason or another, she may in future have to drop out of a cruise that we've already booked and paid for.

So here's the (for the moment) hypothetical question. Instead of finding someone else to go along what would happen if I simply accepted her half of the fare as a sunk cost and went on my own. Having paid for two and then travelled singly it's hard to see a reason why I should be financially penalised; but, by now, I've learned enough to know just how much smoke and mirrors is involved in the Cunard shoreside operation.

J

Cap'n I've often speculated on another aspect of this same question. She Who Must be Obeyed is in poor health and it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that, for one reason or another, she may in future have to drop out of a cruise that we've already booked and paid for.

So here's the (for the moment) hypothetical question. Instead of finding someone else to go along what would happen if I simply accepted her half of the fare as a sunk cost and went on my own. Having paid for two and then travelled singly it's hard to see a reason why I should be financially penalised; but, by now, I've learned enough to know just how much smoke and mirrors is involved in the Cunard shoreside operation.

J

Jimmy, there would be no problem at all, other than you losing 25% of her fare. SWMBO would just join the ranks of the no-shows and you would have acres of wardrobeand drawer space.

Jimmy, there would be no problem at all, other than you losing 25% of her fare. SWMBO would just join the ranks of the no-shows and you would have acres of wardrobeand drawer space.

Hmmmmm...

... interesting thought :D

J

Archived