Travelguard--Anyone Cancel for Work Reason?

lvz2cruz

We hope to be sailing in a month.

My husband is a controller and his accountant just informed him she will be out 3 weeks for a hystorectomy which includes the week he plans to be off. We will be gone the week of payroll (paid every other week) and DH is the only one who can do it in her absence.

We have the basic Travel Guard Gold which covers work related. Can we be 100% sure of getting our money back or do they try to find a reason to not pay?

OTOH, I checked HAL's website and they have cabins available the week before for hundreds less than we paid. Would I have a chance of them switching weeks for me? Or should I cancel and book the previous week and save the money?

This is toooooo much thinking for a Monday morning.

Thanks!

We hope to be sailing in a month.

My husband is a controller and his accountant just informed him she will be out 3 weeks for a hystorectomy which includes the week he plans to be off. We will be gone the week of payroll (paid every other week) and DH is the only one who can do it in her absence.

We have the basic Travel Guard Gold which covers work related. Can we be 100% sure of getting our money back or do they try to find a reason to not pay?

OTOH, I checked HAL's website and they have cabins available the week before for hundreds less than we paid. Would I have a chance of them switching weeks for me? Or should I cancel and book the previous week and save the money?

This is toooooo much thinking for a Monday morning.

Thanks!

The coverage is pretty straightforward:

"(a) is required to work during his/her scheduled Trip.

He/she must demonstrate proof of requirement to work,

such as a notarized statement signed by an officer of

his/her employer;"

As long as he can provide the required paperwork there won't be a problem.

This benefit requires an additional premium and must be purchased within 15 days of making the first deposit on the cruise. I'm assuming that was done.

his/her employer;"

This benefit requires an additional premium and must be purchased within 15 days of making the first deposit on the cruise. I'm assuming that was done.

This coverage has a green check under the gold coverages. I do not think there is an additional premium. Are you thinking of silver? We just have the basic gold policy with no additional coverages.

his/her employer;"

It used to require an additional premium, but this is no longer the case.

It used to require an additional premium, but this is no longer the case.

To purchase a Travelguard Gold policy, at least in my state (WA), "Cancel for Work" coverage requires an additional premium ($27.00 for a $1500 trip); it's not free and it must be purchased within 15 days of the initial trip deposit.

For OP's state, TN, it is included in the base plan, if they purchased insurance within 15 days of their initial deposit. You need to check carefully, as it depends on your state of residence.

OP - no I don't think HAL will let you switch for free.

To purchase a Travelguard Gold policy, at least in my state (WA), "Cancel for Work" coverage requires an additional premium ($27.00 for a $1500 trip); it's not free and it must be purchased within 15 days of the initial trip deposit.

For OP's state, TN, it is included in the base plan, if they purchased insurance within 15 days of their initial deposit. You need to check carefully, as it depends on your state of residence.

OP - no I don't think HAL will let you switch for free.

Oops. I was looking at the FL version which does require the additional premium.

Oops. I was looking at the FL version which does require the additional premium.

That's why it's so hard to accurately answer questions sometimes. The "same" type of policy can differ by state, which I know you are aware of!

Archived