Non-sailing guests

Hi everyone. I'm getting married on Carnival Conquest in March 2012. I was wondering if any of you had any information on what the nonsailing guests are allowed to do before the ceremony starts while I am getting ready. I know that they can visit certain parts of the ship, but wasn't sure exactly what parts they are allowed in and what parts they aren't. Also I was wondering if it was worth it to pay for them to eat on the Lido. I know some have said that they didin't really have much time between the time they boarded and the ceremony started, so what if you pay for the guests to eat at the Lido and then they don't have time to eat? Since we only live 45 mins away from the port, all of our guests will be non-sailing. Thanks in advance for any info. All of you have been great!

Hi everyone. I'm getting married on Carnival Conquest in March 2012. I was wondering if any of you had any information on what the nonsailing guests are allowed to do before the ceremony starts while I am getting ready. I know that they can visit certain parts of the ship, but wasn't sure exactly what parts they are allowed in and what parts they aren't. Also I was wondering if it was worth it to pay for them to eat on the Lido. I know some have said that they didin't really have much time between the time they boarded and the ceremony started, so what if you pay for the guests to eat at the Lido and then they don't have time to eat? Since we only live 45 mins away from the port, all of our guests will be non-sailing. Thanks in advance for any info. All of you have been great!

I was a guest at an embarkation day wedding. Although we were sailing guests, about half of the guests did not sail. We found there was very little time to see the ship before the ceremony. The weddiing was scheduled at 1pm, and we were supposed to board at 11 or 11:30, so we figured we would have an hour or so to explore the ship. Becuase of a customs delay, we didn't actually board until after 12pm. They pushed the ceremony to 1:30 to give the bride time to change, but in the hour or so we had after boarding, we only really had time to drop our bags in the cabin and find our way to ceremony location. The sailing guests had little time to exlpore the ship, and wouldn't have had any time to actually eat at the Lido deck. Besides, we had a reception with plenty of food. IMHO, it wouldn't be worth it to spend the money for non-sailing guests to eat.

I had 75 non-sailing guests. I was told that they walked around the ship (which they had full access to) and some of them even grabbed food. Pretty much no one could tell if they were sailing or non sailing so as long as they came back to the ceremony on time, they could do whatever.

Thank you both. Can you tell me what type of food was served at the reception. I'm also concerned because between my fiancee and I, we have 5 kids, that tend to be picky eaters. So I was thinking that if the food at the reception was "fancy-style", it might not be their taste, which is another reason I was thinking about letting them eat on the Lido, I know they will have things that they will eat there. Don't want my kids to go hungry!haha

I too would not pay for the buffet. I think a few of my guests may have gotten something before the ceremony, but there really wasn't alot of time to explore the ship and there was so much food at the reception..

The food was fancy, but just be sure and ask for the substitution menu also. I was able to pick a few things that I knew my picky kids and my grandkids would eat. I do remember chicken nuggets being one of my substitutions.

Great! I didn't realize they had a substitution menu. I will def ask for that. Then I can just make sure they have a good breakfast and eat something before they get on the ship. I was just worried that they wouldn't have much for them to eat, but if they have chicken nuggets, that's right up my kids' alley!!! Thanks, that helped alot.

You can ask them for the menu served at reception they will send it to you. They give your non sailing a badge and it says if they have their buffet paid for. I didn't want to be embarrassed so we paid for the lido I figured if they spent the money to come we could pay the ten bucks or so for them to eat. I would have hated for them to tell them they couldn't eat. The reception had mozarella sticks, chicken nuggets, something close to pizza bites and lots of wonderful stuff. We didn't change the menu I think since we had so many kids they just added some kid friendly food.

Archived