Aft balcony dividers...

terjul

My DH and I booked an Aft balcony for the first time and we're pretty excited about it. Over the weekend, I met someone who said they had an Aft balcony on their last cruise and they had nothing nice to say about it. They said that because of the slant of the dividers, their neighbors were always looking over so they had no privacy, not even to sit and read and they weren't able to sleep with their door open because either of the neighbors could see right in their cabin. :(

If you've had an Aft balcony, please let me know if you've had any issues. I realize that it depends on the type of neighbor you get and how they conduct themselves, but I'm curious if the slant is enough that your neighbor can see into your room. :eek:

Thank you

My DH and I booked an Aft balcony for the first time and we're pretty excited about it. Over the weekend, I met someone who said they had an Aft balcony on their last cruise and they had nothing nice to say about it. They said that because of the slant of the dividers, their neighbors were always looking over so they had no privacy, not even to sit and read and they weren't able to sleep with their door open because either of the neighbors could see right in their cabin. :(

If you've had an Aft balcony, please let me know if you've had any issues. I realize that it depends on the type of neighbor you get and how they conduct themselves, but I'm curious if the slant is enough that your neighbor can see into your room. :eek:

Thank you

on decks 5 to 8, yes, it you stand at the rail, you can see your neighbor if they are out on their balcony at their rail, not only left and right, but above and below you, but not into your room, unless they look around your partition.

not so on deck 4. there is no slant, so you have complete privacy on both sides, as well as a full covering, so that no one can see you from above, nor can thrown garbage, cigarettes, or even soot hit you in the head.

anyone looking around any partition on any balcony can see into your room if your door or curtain is open, anywhere on the ship.

on decks 5 to 8, yes, it you stand at the rail, you can see your neighbor if they are out on their balcony at their rail, not only left and right, but above and below you, but not into your room, unless they look around your partition.

not so on deck 4. there is no slant, so you have complete privacy on both sides, as well as a full covering, so that no one can see you from above, nor can thrown garbage, cigarettes, or even soot hit you in the head.

anyone looking around any partition on any balcony can see into your room if your door or curtain is open, anywhere on the ship.

Thank you for your reply. So would that be the same on all the ships for deck 4? We're going on the Spirit.

Our last cruise on the Triumph, me and my roomie had adjoining AFT balconies with our two friends. We were able to open the balconies, which we really enjoyed. We were a tish rowdy that first night as we were sailing away as it was our first balcony and our first day:D. We met the couple next to my cabin, in that really nice wrap balcony. They were celebrating their 12th wedding anniversary. Very nice couple. However, I got a giggle out of the fact that even though they had that nice big wrap, they spent a whole lot of time standing right next to our shared balcony wall throughout the cruise. What can I say...we ARE the fun girls! :D

Archived