JUST CAME BACK FROM CARNIVAL SPLENDOR 8/14-8/21!!! Review with pictures!!!

KruisingMarina

TY TY TY Marina. You did an awesome job with your review and your pictures were great. It takes a special family to be able to share their exp with people and you and your family did great. Cheers to your family from my family and when we get back from our Splendor cruise in Oct I hope to do as good of a job as you did.:D

Thank you so much dear Friend!!! I'm sure your Family will have phenomenal time on Splendor. I'll be looking forward to your review:).

Take care,

Marina

Marina,

What a wonderful review and If this is your first one-Great Job!

We will not even be on this ship or this itinerary,but reading your review and the pictures,felt like I was right there and what a great time.

Our trip is not until April 2012 on the Freedom, so now when I get the need for a cruise before that time, I will read this again;)

You have a lovely family and Happy belated Birthday!!

Thanks for you review KruisingMarina! It was excellent and you have such a lovely family. I have done the Mexican Riviara 4 times but have been flying to Florida for years thinking I have been there and done that. Your review makes me want to reconsider and the trip to CA from AZ would be so much easier than flying to Florida twice a year.

My husband and I are going on our 22nd cruise this month so as you probably already know, the addiction doesn't go away. Face it though, you really get more for your money on a cruise than a land based vacation so it is much easier to justify.

I give you so much credit. I dont have the patience or the time to write a review after a cruise not to mention the technical know how. I have heard of "photo bucket" but haven't a clue how to use something like that.

Thanks again for giving me a great distraction as I await our next cruise on the 25th of this month. I told my husband our next cruise should be on the west coast. He shrugged and said it didn't matter to him. Yes, we truely love our cruises, to anywhere!

What a great review! My family and I were on this sailing for you (I even saw us in one of your pictures!) It certainly brought back memories of a wonderful cruise. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Meiying!!! What a pleasant surprise, that you were on this cruise. I hope you had as good of a time as we did!!! BTW, which picture?:)

Marina,

What a wonderful review and If this is your first one-Great Job!

We will not even be on this ship or this itinerary,but reading your review and the pictures,felt like I was right there and what a great time.

Our trip is not until April 2012 on the Freedom, so now when I get the need for a cruise before that time, I will read this again;)

You have a lovely family and Happy belated Birthday!!

Thank you for your beautiful comments and wishes dear Friend! I'm so delighted that you enjoyed my review:).

I'm sure you'll have a great time on your cruise and maybe will share it with us as well;).

Regards,

Marina

Thanks for you review KruisingMarina! It was excellent and you have such a lovely family. I have done the Mexican Riviara 4 times but have been flying to Florida for years thinking I have been there and done that. Your review makes me want to reconsider and the trip to CA from AZ would be so much easier than flying to Florida twice a year.

My husband and I are going on our 22nd cruise this month so as you probably already know, the addiction doesn't go away. Face it though, you really get more for your money on a cruise than a land based vacation so it is much easier to justify.

I give you so much credit. I dont have the patience or the time to write a review after a cruise not to mention the technical know how. I have heard of "photo bucket" but haven't a clue how to use something like that.

Thanks again for giving me a great distraction as I await our next cruise on the 25th of this month. I told my husband our next cruise should be on the west coast. He shrugged and said it didn't matter to him. Yes, we truely love our cruises, to anywhere!

Thank you very much for your kind words and support!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm sure that where ever you go you'll have a great time:). You are right, cruising is less expensive than land vacations. Our last trip in April of 2011 to Cayman Islands(BTW, I love) cost me twice as more...:cool:

I always wanted to do a review, but never even guessed that it would be so time consuming...:eek: There were times, when I thought I shouldn't have started...because I was becoming so overwhelmed with work, house work, kids, etc... When downloading my pics into photobucket, my computer would slow down and freeze, and if that's not enough- shut down and I had to restart everything over:(. That's why I have some duplicates...

But, I did it, and all this great support makes me feel good about all the time I put on it!

It's funny you said that about your DH, cause mine never interferes with bookings/reservations, just keeps on asking me every week, when are we going...:D

Thank you again,

Marina

As we were walking, I saw Queen Mary resting besides Splendor. I asked DH to look in the camera. :eek:

037.jpg

Note, DH is more serious now:D.

038-1.jpg

Queen Mary

More to come...

We happened to have been visiting the Queen Mary on the 14th and took several pictures of your ship leaving. From the Queen Mary. We were the loud mouths on the end of the Queen Mary giving you a loud goodbye, if you would like some of these pictures, let me know.

Nancy

We happened to have been visiting the Queen Mary on the 14th and took several pictures of your ship leaving. From the Queen Mary. We were the loud mouths on the end of the Queen Mary giving you a loud goodbye, if you would like some of these pictures, let me know.

Nancy

That would be great if you could post those pictures!!! :)

Thank you so much Nancy!

Marina

• 9 months later...

Marina,

I read every word of your review when you first posted it and enjoyed it ever so much! I marked it in my favorites so I could go back to it whenever I wanted.

Now that we are planning our fourth cruise on the Splendor this September, I wanted to ask you a question. We would like to spend the day on Medano Beach, but I have limited mobility due to a bad knee and auto immune problems.

Tell me about the water taxis. When you catch one at the Marina, what is the actual physical procedure for boarding. How do you disembark when you get to Medano Beach? How do you get back on at Medano Beach? How do you disembark back at the Marina? With limited mobillity, am I going to be able to do this? Or should I take a land taxi?

If I take a land taxi, do you, or any other CCers, know how far I have to walk to get to a taxi?

Any reply you or other CCers could post would be so appreciated.

Thank you again for the effort you invested in this review. I found it not only super helpful, but also just down right enjoyable. I would love to cruise with you some time. You obviously love life and I imagine it would be a joy to be around you.

Marina,

I read every word of your review when you first posted it and enjoyed it ever so much! I marked it in my favorites so I could go back to it whenever I wanted.

Now that we are planning our fourth cruise on the Splendor this September, I wanted to ask you a question. We would like to spend the day on Medano Beach, but I have limited mobility due to a bad knee and auto immune problems.

Tell me about the water taxis. When you catch one at the Marina, what is the actual physical procedure for boarding. How do you disembark when you get to Medano Beach? How do you get back on at Medano Beach? How do you disembark back at the Marina? With limited mobillity, am I going to be able to do this? Or should I take a land taxi?

If I take a land taxi, do you, or any other CCers, know how far I have to walk to get to a taxi?

Any reply you or other CCers could post would be so appreciated.

Thank you again for the effort you invested in this review. I found it not only super helpful, but also just down right enjoyable. I would love to cruise with you some time. You obviously love life and I imagine it would be a joy to be around you.

Hello Dezertcruzer,

Thank you for your kind words, the pleasure is mine to cruise with you as well, as I love enthusiastic people surrounding me:)

After Splendor cruise, we did the Spirit cruise on March 28, again to Mexican Riviera, and again went to Medano beach:)

But this time, we could not use the water taxi, as they were banned to go near Medano beach that Easter week (due to swimmer v. taxi accidents-so we were told). So we were approached by taxi drivers willing to take us to Medano by land taxi, I think they were offering one way ride 10 dollars/pp (sorry can't remember exact amount) and they drop you off pretty close to the beach near one of the restaurants on Medano. And again on they way back, they wait for you behind the restaurants to pick you up and drop you off at the port. Pretty doable in my opinion.

As for the water taxi, it can be a bit of a challenge to get on and off as you will require to kind of jump in the water to get off and bring your leg up to get back on the water taxi at Medano beach.

Just to be safe, you should use the land taxi ;) We also got to see the side of Cabo we haven't seen on many previous trips.

I hope you enjoy your stay at Cabo, cause we do each time we go there...

Have a safe trip,

Marina

Marina,

Thank you so much for your quick reply! Land taxi it is! Do you have to walk all the way around to the hotel at the opposite end of the marina from the tender pier, or can you get one right outside of the tourist welcome center where the buses pick you up for the excursions? The distance I have to walk will determine whether or not I take the walker ashore.

Jennifer

Marina,

Thank you so much for your quick reply! Land taxi it is! Do you have to walk all the way around to the hotel at the opposite end of the marina from the tender pier, or can you get one right outside of the tourist welcome center where the buses pick you up for the excursions? The distance I have to walk will determine whether or not I take the walker ashore.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

No problem dear, I will try to answer as much as my memory allows me to:). Once you get off the tender and start walking towards the shops and restaurants to the right, the venders will approach you with inquiries if you need water taxi to anywhere, land taxi, etc (If they don't mention land taxi, you can ask them if they provide the service). If you agree to go with a certain person, then he will walk you about 150 -200 +/- feet to access to the street.

Hope this helps,

Marina

Archived