Booked it, finally!

CalicoskiesNC

After some weeks of research, finally booked Freedom of the Seas for Nov 2012, east Caribbean. Decided on aft cabin w/balcony 9704. We could have gotten the room right next door, I think it was 9706, but thought the corner with no guests on one side sounded nice and 9704 was about $140 cheaper. I know we will love the aft views and balcony. I read about the slight obstruction, the door w/no slider, the large porthole, possibility of soot, and the pie-shaped balcony. Still sounds lovely!

I just got the RCCL visa. I used that for my deposit. I think I will now get 10,000 points that will get us $100 obc. I used a travel agent, so I'm not sure how the charge will show up, but I assume the agency will show up not RCCL. So no double points for that.

A few questions:

1. What is the advantage, if any, of using a TA when booking? I used the TA because when trying to book the aft cabins myself, it never showed those available, but the TA found several that were open. Other than that and $100 off the RCCL price, no other perks.

2. I think I understand about the price drop stuff. Basically I just keep watching for the E1 cabin price on my cruise and if it drops before my final payment I will get the lower price. If after final pymt, I get obc or upgrade. FOr either of these I go thru my TA, correct?

3. I searched the forum for cabin 9704 FOS and read all those posts. Never found any direct photos of that cabin from inside, or its balcony view. Did find it on the photo of the ship's aft section. I guess I just want some reassurance that we have a nice room. This is our 27th wedding anniversary trip and I want to make it very nice.

Thanks for any advice!

I would be leery of using a TA that didn't use my credit card directly with the cruise lines. There have been lots of reports from those who booked with what they thought was a legitimate agency that ended up going belly up with their money in the agencies account instead of being paid to the cruise lines.

We booked with a TA for our next cruise. We have always booked directly with the cruise lines before. The advantage of booking with a TA is that we got pre-paid gratuities, a free spa treatment and dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant.

You have to go through your TA for any price adjustments or changes. You don't get the price adjustment after final payment, but you can upgrade your room if it is not for new bookings only.

Can't help you with pictures, but you should be able to find some using google!

We are thinking of booking the Freedom of the Seas ans also doing the RCL credit card to get the onboard credit. So it's your understanding as well that by opening the card you get the points and the credits for the cruise you just booked?

Archived