Anyone stayed at Cambria Suites Dania Beach

wendymac

We are thinking of staying here pre-cruise - does anyone here have anything to say about this hotel, good or bad? Any comments would be appreciated. We are possibly going to be arriving Thursday for our Saturday cruise, so is this hotel close to stores, restaurants etc... Thank you :)

The hotel is great, wonderful food, pool & room. They will pick you up at the airport & take you to the cruiseport, but we found it very inconvenient without a car. It's $20 each way to the beach. They only nearby restaurant is a cuban one which was actually pretty good. It's quite a hike to the nearby shopping center where there's a Costco. It's also not the greatest area to be walking in we were warned. We were only there overnight before our cruise, so it was fine, but next time I'd stay somewhere else or else stay there & rent a car.

We used it pre-cruise and were quite pleased. However, as was said, the only place to walk to is the Cuban restaurant across the street which has a good reputation but was closed when we were there (Xmas night). It seemed that almost everyone in the hotel was going on a cruise. :)

It's a quite new hotel, and the few reviews I ever see on here for it are positive. With the only downer is as mentioned in the posts above, that Oakwood is a bit of a walk. If you are going to have 2 nights (meaning a full day to fill), I would definitely consider renting a car.

Loved it! We stayed there last year for our Freedom cruise! I agree with everything that was said here. We had a rental,so we were able to get around. I have some pics in my freddom review if you would like to check it out!

Archived