Closest hotel to terminal in Galveston?

Moonstoners

Can anyone tell me what the closest hotel to the Cruise Terminal would be in Galveston?:confused: :confused:

We're thinking that it might be easier to stay within walking distance, rather than try to find wheelchair-accessible transportation (which seems to be almost non-existant) for the two passengers who will require it.

:eek:

Or is walking to the port not feasible, even if we decided to have one person go by cab with all the luggage? :confused: :confused:

R. Aubrey Hawton

If you're just going to Terminal 1 from Harbor House, I don't think you would any problems. If you're going to Terminal 2, it would be a lot tougher with a wheel chair. I've walked to both from Harbor House.

You shouldn't have any problem with wheelchairs from Harbor House to either terminal. As Ranger pointed out #2 is a little further. But, you are right on the docks, there are at least three good restaurants next to it.

It, the Galvez, and the Tremont House all went 100% non-smoking this past week, if that's an issue. I hope its a trend.

• 1 month later...

It is my understanding that all of them offer a cruise package which includes parking. http://www.galveston.com/ This is a link to the C&V which should be helpful. I do know the properties, but don't know about their pricing.

The Port of Galveston is charging $70 for a 7 day cruise http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

EZ Cruise http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/ is $45 online for a 7 day.

These are your options to the hotel deals.

GCurry...any thoughts on the San Luis Hotel ?

We loved Harbor House! Not far from the terminal, but guess it would depend on which terminal you use. All in all, Harbor House still gets my vote! You can park your car there in the well-lit parking area too. They may charge a small fee, but well worth it to me. Enjoy!

The San Luis is a resort hotel, half condos. It's owned by Tillman Fertitta the same guy that has a restaurant empire, Landry's, Rainforest Cafe, Joe's Crab Shacks etc.

It's a very pretty hotel built over two 12 in. naval gun implacements. It's one of the highend properties, along with the Moody Gardens Hotel, and the Tremont House which is very close to the terminals. Harborhouse is a unique little hotel right on the docks, I hope you enjoyed it. The Holiday Inn Seawall is next door to the San Luis, with about the same size rooms. Fertitta also has the Hilton in the next block as well.

Thanks GCurry for your help! We loved Harbor House and would love to stay there again, but it's Dickens on the Strand weekend when we are sailing and they want a 2 night minimum stay. We ran in to this last year and stayed at the Howard Johnsons. It's okay, but nothing close by as far as restaurant's go. I've heard great things about The San Luis and they will take a one night stay reservation for that weekend, plus free car-parking and shuttle to the pier.

ginag - You'll like the San Luis, and you get the Dickens Festival as well. Galveston's Strand area has many historic buildings with iron facade trim, much like London at the turn of the century. I'ts a neat family event with costuming, turkey legs, Bass Ale, a parade @ 2, very festive. Dickens is always the 1st weekend in Dec., and something my family and I go to each year. Also, the tall ship Elissa is decorated for Xmas, and is docked by the terminals.

I hope you enjoy Galveston.

Archived