MSC Poesia - Aurea Spa query re tipping

Codidy

We are travelling on Poesia out of NYC October 8th and have taken a Spa Package which includes 8 different items. As Aussie's we travel with the motto "when in Rome do as ....." and are quite prepared to tip and happily do so. My question is "does anyone know if the staff in the Aurea Spa are included in the tipping pool which comes from passengers daily tips?" Or should we tip the staff at the end of the cruise? Don't want to do the wrong thing :confused:

The spa personnel work for a concessionaire and are not in the hotel staff service charge pool. You'll probably have different people for the different items in your package so unless you want to tip after each treatment? I tip the girl who does my massages because she's the same one the entire cruise but I don't think I'd tip for eight different treatments/people.

CODIDY-

The spa personnel are not included in the service charge automatically posted to your account, as they are independently contracted. It is at your discretion should you wish to leave a tip for them.

~HAPPY SAILINGS!~

MSC Cruises USA

Archived