Emailing the Ships

Phillip Toddy

I have had no luck finding the email address of Sapphire Princess.

This is a bit surprising as I would have thought that they would be keen to hear from thier customers.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Has anyone had any success?

Phillip Toddy

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again Suzi, the email address was invaluable as the Princess contacts in Beijing were not at the Great Wall Hotel desk when we called to find out from where our tranfer left.

We were in a panic as a number of other things had gone wrong and we were very relived to find that an eqnuiry direct to the ship elicited a response that answered all our questions (thanks Richard in the purser's office).

Information management does not seem to be a strong suit for Carnival

If you try to email your friend or family via the ship's email system, your friend will be charged $5 (or a high fee) to get his/her message. I once saw Princess advertized that you can email the passengers on their ship by emailing the ship directly. I thought it was a great idea, so I emailed my dad, just to say hi. I thought it was free to all passengers. My dad got a message saying he received an email, so he thought it was something urgent and was charged $5 for it.

From that experience, we decided just to use hotmail or yahoo mail and he can check his email from the free internet access he has on the Princess ships because he is an elite member.

So unless you are in urgent need to contact your friend, don't try to email your friend via the Princess email.

BTW, here is how you can email the Princess ships:

Just address the email to shipsfullname@princesscruises.com and in the subject line put the full name and cabin number of the person you are emailing.

Such as: goldenprincess@princesscruises.com (would be for the Golden)

On the SUBJECT line, just say for Passenger so and so. If you know their cabin number, put it on the subject line also.

merela,

Each time we have cruised on Princess we have had friends send us messages via the ship email system. They have been delivered right to our cabin in a sealed envelope and no charge at all to us for this service.

Maybe it is something new in the last couple of months, but I know the last few years the charge has not been there, at least not for us.

My parents were charged for an email I sent them, or rather a printout of the message I sent them. I believe it was on the Royal Princess, probably 2-3 years back. They first got a note from the ship that they got an email and if they want to read the email, they would be charged. Not sure why they were charged, maybe because they weren't Platinum members then?

Perhaps a call to Princess will confirm whether they do charge or not.

Hi Foilks,

I've just tried emailing the Coral to determine if we can use the email address as an alternative means to the more expensive Sat tel at USD$$$MUCHO/minute.

Will let everyone know if I get cfm from the Coral, and if that's the case then the policy should apply to the rest of the ships in the fleet also.

Ciao for now!!!

Yes, I did email the ship successfully.

We were due to transfer from Beijing to the Sapphire at Xingang but there was much confusion about when where we were to meet the Shuttle (it changed at least twice between booking and boarding). We were having no success in contacting Princess's people ashore.

We mailed the ship and got all the information that we needed from a chap called Richard in the Purser's office. It was a huge relief!

FOR EVERYONE

Incidentally, internet access on the ship was 35 US cents per minute, or cards with $10.50 credit for an aggregate half an hours worth of wireless connection for your laptop, via Princess as the ISP.

So here is the alternative to the one mail delivered to the cabin for $5.00. Log on, find your email provider, login, find message, transfer to a printing format, print and log off all in under 1.43 minutes. That $5.00. Then add the cost of the printing. And this assumes that you know the message is there. Otherwise it cost at least $3.50 for a lightening quick visit to find nothing.

Phillip Toddy

My posting on emails and ships above is correct in all but one detail.:)

It is a very important detail though.:mad:

$5.00 would involve 14.5 minutes at 35 cents per minute - not 1.45.:eek:

That makes the reciept, printing and delivery costs a bit more realistic, and perhaps still worthwhile by comparision with telephone calls to the ship - but I don't know.:confused:

Regards

Phillip

Archived