Balcony Dividers

C & L

Is there anyone from the August sailing on Oasis or Allure who was refused their request to have the balcony divider removed?

Or on the other hand, anyone who was able to have their divider removed?

We were on the august 6 sailing on Oasis and we had boardwalk balcony cabins. When, i asked, after seeing some dividers were open, our stateroom attendant opened it. On other ships when we had balconies facing the ocean, the answer was always no - security issue was the typical answer I was given.

We had Boardwalk cabins and requested the divider be opened. The steward opened it happily within minutes. It was a great way to travel between the cabins.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE....Make sure you close the balcony door, lock it, open it again (with the handle still in the locked position, then close it again. This seems cumbersome, but if you don't do it the door will stay unlocked to the outside even though the handle is in the locked position. I think they designed the doors this way so that you couldn't be locked out on the balcony accidentally. Granted it's your family or friends who would enter through the balcony door. One night our daughter came in through the balcony door when we thought it was locked. Could've been quite embarrassing for all involved :eek:

We were on Allure last week, and the balcony divider between my children's CP balcony and the strangers next door's balcony was open for the first couple of days before we noticed and asked to have it closed. Apparently, it was opened on the previous cruise, and never closed when that cruise ended.

I just booked on Allure for DH, me and another couple with adjoining balcony rooms and was told that after August the balcony dividers could not be opened between the rooms. I don't understand why the new policy. If people want the dividers open, what's the problem?

Archived